- This course is designed to provide a practical update of contemporary diagnostic imaging from radiography to newer imaging techniques. Information will be provided to optimize image modality selection and performance and to facilitate accurate image interpretation. Attendees will develop an appreciation for the uses, limitations and interpretation of traditional radiography as well as important newer imaging modalities including MRI, US, CT, dual energy CT and tomosynthesis, and PET. CT dose reduction, MRI safety and artifacts are reviewed. Case sessions including "must know" and "advanced " cases will be provided in each area. New this year, a full day is allocated to each of 5 major areas: chest, musculoskeletal, abdomen, breast /cancer, and neuroimaging. The course features lectures in the following new topics: The management of incidental findings is presented in lectures relevant to each area. Clinical correlation is provided in the musculoskeletal section to facilitate the understanding of the significance of imaging finding to treatment choices. Cancer imaging, screening, staging, reporting and standardized reporting systems such as LI-RADS are covered. Cancer treatment complications demonstrated by imaging are reviewed. Lectures on imaging in emergency situations relevant to each of the 5 major areas are presented. Self-assessment modules (SAMS) will be provided tailored to the course material.
April 30 - May 4, 2018
The Taj Boston
15 Arlington Street
Boston, MA 02116
Optimal imaging and image interpretation of usually encountered conditions are reviewed. Pitfalls in image interpretation, including MRI artifacts, are explained and methods to avoid them are presented. In addition to lectures, multiple case presentation sessions are provided that show examples of “must-know” and “advanced” cases. An audience response system will be utilized to facilitate participation. Self-assessment modules (SAMs) will be provided and tailored to the course material.
- Theresa C. McLoud, MD, Director
- Barbara Weissman, MD, Co-Director
- Event Type
- Education and training - Continuing medical education at Mass General
- Health care professionals
- Pre-Registration is required