Clinical Research Programs
The MGH Clinical Research Program is offering the following seminars in the Simches Center, Room 3.110:
• “Problem-Based Biostatistics for Clinical Investigators” Thursdays from March 22 through April 12 from 2 to 4 pm.
• “Genetic Library: An Intermediate Guide to Understanding the Language and Concepts of Modern Genetic Research” March 28 from 2:30 to 5 pm.
• “Applying for an NIH Career Development Award” April 2 from 2 to 5 pm.
• “Recruiting and Enrolling Patients with Disabilities in Clinical Research” April 13 from 3 to 4:30 pm.
• “A Primer on Complex Trait Genetics: Principles for the Clinical Investigator” April 4 from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
Register at http://hub.partners.org/catalog. For information about the first seminar, contact Lauren Michaels at firstname.lastname@example.org. For information about the other seminars, contact Suzanne Powell at email@example.com.
MGH Blood Donor Center
On March 16 all blood donors at the MGH Blood Donor Center will be able to sample food from Max’s Deli Café. For more information or to make an appointment, call 617-726-8177. Visit the center on Facebook at
Summer camp seminar
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) will host a seminar for parents, “Finding the Right Summer Camp,” March 14 from noon to 1 pm in the Thier Conference Room. The speaker is Lucy Jackson Norvell, director of public information at the American Camp Association of New England. For more information, call 617-726-6976
or visit www.eap.partners.org.
Community Service Awards
The Office for Diversity Inclusion and Community Partnership at Harvard Medical School (HMS) seeks nominations for the 2012 Dean’s Community Service Awards, established to recognize HMS/Harvard School of Dental Medicine faculty and trainees who have made outstanding personal efforts in serving the local, national or international community. Deadline to submit a nomination is March 16. Guidelines and forms can be found at http://www.mfdp.med.harvard.edu/awards/csa/index.html. For more information, contact Rebecca Poe
at 617-432-3020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The MGH Occupational Health Service is required to keep a log of any employee, volunteer or affiliated nonemployee who has symptoms of or has been exposed to an infectious disease or illness including diarrheal illness, conjunctivitis, cough of more than two weeks or skin lesions/rash. To report an incident, call Occupational Health Service at 617-726-2217.