Recognizing that faculty who care for dependent family members may have difficulty traveling to meetings and conferences, the MGH Center for Faculty Development established the Caring For Dependent(s) Awards. The award
is intended to help defray additional costs – extended day care, elder care and caregiver travel – while faculty members, at the instructor or assistant professor rank, are traveling to academic or society meetings directly related to their academic advancement.
“The applications for the first call reflected the many challenges that our faculty face while balancing the demands of family life with a robust academic career. We are happy to be able to provide support to our faculty from across the institution to help defray the cost of care during their academic travel time,” says Anne Klibanski, MD, director of the Center for Faculty Development.
The inaugural Caring For Dependent(s) Award winners are:
- Patricia Bachiller, MD, of the Department of Anesthesia, Critical Care and Pain Medicine
- Pouneh Fazeli, MD, of the Neuroendocrine Unit
- Phoebe Freer, MD, of the Imaging Department
- Deborah Kwolek, MD, of the Primary Care Division
- Sara Lazar, PhD, of MGH Psychiatry
- Nicte Mejia, MD, MPH, of the Department of Neurology
- Jenny Tam, PhD, of the Infectious Disease Unit
- Eve Valera, PhD, of the Department of Psychiatry
- Robert Yeh, MD, of the Cardiology Division
- Elaine Yu, MD, of the Endocrinology Unit
Read more articles from the 05/10/13 Hotline issue.