MGH staff now can register for a new Employee Alert System, which officially launches Nov. 1. The voluntary subscription-based system offers employees the opportunity to receive important hospital messages through text message, email and/or phone calls.
“In the past year alone, we’ve faced a number of emergency events, including Hurricane Sandy last fall, the nor’easter in February and most recently, the Boston Marathon bombings,” says David Reisman, senior administrative director for Emergency Preparedness. “In an effort to enhance our communication capabilities during future emergencies, we are pleased to offer this new alert system to allow us to rapidly communicate essential updates and information.”
Reisman says the system – which will be used during situations such as weather emergencies, MBTA closures and disasters – is separate from the existing Emergency Notification System that is used predominately by Hospital Incident Command System personnel. It also will not take the place of traditional communication methods, such as Broadcast emails or the Severe Weather line. “This is another way for us to ensure that all staff are kept up to date with key information,” Reisman says.
For technical questions about system registration, contact the MGH Help Desk at 617-726-5085. For more information about the Emergency Alert Program, contact Reisman at email@example.com.
To subscribe to receive the emergency alerts:
- Visit www.notifind.net/NF_SUBSCRIBE and click on the “sign up” link. View the complete instructions with screen shot images.
- Fill in the initial registration form and create a login username and password. Please note this is not your Partners username and password. The password also must be a minimum of eight characters.
- Click “register.”
- An email will be sent to the address you provided with further instructions.
- Click the activation link in that email.
- Enter your username and password and click “activate account.”
- Fill in your contact information and click “continue.”
- Check the locations you would like to be notified about in the event of an emergency. This includes notifications for MGH as well as all Partners HealthCare affiliations.
- Select how you would like to receive the emergency alerts – including one or all of the following – a telephone call, email or text message.
- Click “finish.”
Read more articles from the 11/01/13 Hotline issue.