EAST BOSTON—March 28, 2014—East Boston residents have a chance to improve their community by completing the East Boston Quality of Life Survey. Residents are urged to complete the survey to describe the most important health issues that affect East Boston residents today. All answers are anonymous.
The survey can be found at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/EastBostonQualityofLife.
The goal of the health assessment is to produce a comprehensive picture of East Boston’s overall health and a plan to improve it. The survey and community health assessment are sponsored by Boston Alliance for Community Health, East Boston Neighborhood Health Center, East Boston Collaborative for Families, East Boston Social Center and the Mass General Hospital Center for Community Health Improvement.
About the Center for Community Health Improvement (CCHI)
CCHI carries out its work in Chelsea, Revere, and Charlestown, where MGH has maintained healthcare centers for more than 40 years, as well as in Boston among youth, homeless persons and seniors. CCHI has partnered with the communities it serves to assess needs and create 50 programs that:
- Reduce and prevent substance use disorders
- Intervene in the cycle of violence
- Tackle the obesity epidemic by increasing access to healthy food and physical activity
- Increase access to care for vulnerable populations such as immigrants and refugees, seniors, and homeless people
- Prevent cancers through early detection and screening
- Generate interest in science and health careers among youth