Massachusetts General Hospital's public areas, including rest rooms and cafeterias, are handicap accessible.
All main floor public restrooms are wheelchair accessible. The largest single bathroom on the hospital's main campus is located in the Warren Lobby.
- White Building/Main Entrance – A videophone is available in the Blum Patient and Family Learning Center for deaf patients and visitors. A TTY phone is included along with public and taxi telephones, located just past the lobby in an alcove on the left side of the main corridor.
- Other public telephones are located in the Wang Ambulatory Care Center, Cox Lobby and the Yawkey Center for Outpatient Care.
Several wheelchair accessible ATMs are available throughout the Mass General campus. All ATMs include Braille-enhanced buttons and some are further enhanced for the visually impaired.
- Main Entrance – Bank of America and Citizens Bank ATMs are located along the left side of the main corridor, 50 feet from the hospital’s main entrance
- Bulfinch Building Corridor – a Harvard Credit Union ATM is available
- Cox Building Lobby – Bank of America ATMs are available
- Wang Building – Bank of America ATM is available
(on same level as Eat Street Cafe & Wang Cafeteria)
- Yawkey Center Lobby – a Bank of America ATM and a Harvard Credit Union ATM are available
Food and Cafeterias
Most of the cafeterias and eateries in the hospital’s public areas are fully accessible. If they are not, staff are available to assist you.
The main hospital cafeteria – Eat Street Café – is located on the basement level of the Ellison building and is wheelchair accessible. You can request assistance with getting your meal by alerting a staff member or by pushing the red button located on the wall to the right of the cafeteria's main entrance (near the stacked trays).
Coffee Central, located on the first floor, serves beverages, bakery items all day and cold sandwiches during the evening hours. It is open 24 hours a day, 7 days per week.
Please speak with any of our food service staff if you require assistance at any Mass General café or cafeteria.
Massachusetts General Hospital's ambassadors and volunteer escorts can provide special assistance as needed to patients and visitors arriving at or being discharged from the hospital.
Locate parking, buildings, gift shops and more on these maps of the hospital’s main campus.