BiographyProfessional activities include practicing clinical anesthesia and teaching residents/fellows/medical students.
1.DNA content and the prognosis of thymoma.
2.Insulike growth factor and metabolism
3. Tumor necrosis factor and malnutrition
4.Insulin resistance and regulation of insulin growth factor
1. Chow JC, Ling PR, Qu Z, Leviola L, Ciccarones A, Bistrian BR, Smith RJ. Growth hormone stimulates tyrosine phosphorylation of JAK2 and STA5, but not insulin receptor substrate-1 or SHC proteins in liver and skeletal muscle of normal rats in vivo. Endocrinology 1996; 137:2880-2886.
2. Qu Z, Ling PR, Chow JC, Burke P, Smith RJ, Bistrian BR. Determinants of plasma concentrations of insulin-like growth factor-1 and albumin and their hepatic mRNAs: The role of dietary protein content and tumor necrosis factor in malnourished rats. Metabolism 1996; 45(9): 1-7.
3. Qu Z, Chow JC, Ling PR, Ziegler TR, Bistrian BR, Smith RJ. Tissue-specific effects of chronic dietary protein restriction and gastrostomy on the insulin-like growth factor-I pathway in the liver and colon of adult rats. Metabolism 1997, 46(6): 691-697.
4. Ling PR, Sierra P, Qu Z, Bistrian BR. IGF-I improves glucose utilization in TNF-treated rats under hyperinsulinemic, euglycemic conditions. Metabolism 1997; 46(9): 1052-1058.
5. Kwoun M, Ling PR, Lydon E, Imrich A, Qu Z, Palombo J, Bistrian BR. Immunologic effects of acute hyperglycemia in nondiabetic rats. Journal of Parenteral & Enteral Nutrition. 1997; 21(2): 91-95.
6. Qu Z, Ling PR, Chow JC, Smith RJ and Bistrian BR. Effects of dietary protein and tumor necrosis factor components of the insulin-like growth factor-I pathway in the colon and small intestine in protein-depleted rats. Metabolism 1998; 47(3): 345-350.
7. You YQ, Ling PR, Qu Z and Bistrian BR. Effects of continuous enteral medium-chain fatty acid infusion on lipid metabolism in rats. Lipids 1998; 33(3)261-266.