Browse by Medical Category
Accepting New Patients
Anesthesia, Critical Care & Pain Medicine
Go To Programs
MassGeneral Hospital for Children
Go To Specialties
Clinical care: My clinical expertise focuses on comprehensive pain management for chronic pain patients and acute (postoperative) pain. In my role in the multi-disciplinary, outpatient, Chronic Pain Clinic, I evaluate and treat patients with a variety of chronic and cancer-related pain. I have expertise in all facets of musculoskeletal medicine with an emphasis on spine, joint and extremity related pain conditions. I have experience in spinal cord stimulation, peripheral nerve stimulation and radiofrequency ablative procedures. Additionally, on our inpatient Acute Pain Service, I attend to the needs of postoperative pain patients, including those with epidural and peripheral nerve catheters.
1. Carinci AJ, Mao J. Pain and Opioid Addiction: What Is the Connection? Current Pain and Headache Reports. 2010 February; 14(1):17-21.
2. Carinci AJ, Mehta P, Christo, PJ. Chronic Pain in Torture Victims. Current Pain and Headache Reports. 2010 April; 14(2):73-79.
3. Christo PJ, Christo DK, Carinci AJ, Freischlag JA. Single CT-Guided Chemodenervation of the Anterior Scalene Muscle with Botulinum Toxin for Neurogenic Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. Pain Med. 2010 Apr;11(4):504-11.
4. Carinci AJ. Careers in Anesthesiology: The Joy of Volunteering. Volume XI. Book Review. Eds. Caton D. and McGoldrick KE. Anesthesiology. 2010 Feb;112(2):503
5. Carinci AJ, Christo PJ. All I Had Was a Knee Bursectomy, Do I Now Have RSD? In: Gallagher, Lewis, Schwengel eds. Core Clinical Competencies in Anesthesiology: A Case-based Approach. Cambridge University Press, 1 edition, April 30, 2010.
6. Carinci AJ, Christo PJ. Physician Impairment: Is Recovery Feasible? Pain Physician. 2009 May-Jun;12(3):487-91
7. Carinci AJ, Christo PJ. Cancer Pain and Pharmacotherapies. In: Heitmiller G, eds. The Johns Hopkins Handbook of Anesthesia, Philadelphia: Elsevier, 2009.
8. Carinci AJ, Mazloomdoost D, Towsley D, Stonemetz J. Documentation, Economics and Legal Aspects of Anesthesiology. In: Heitmiller G, eds. The Johns Hopkins Handbook of Anesthesia, Philadelphia: Elsevier, 2009.
9. Raja SN, Carinci A, Baron R. Sympathetically Maintained Pain in CRPS II: Human Experimentation. In: Schmidt RF, Willis WD, editors. Encyclopedic Reference of Pain, Springer Verlag, Berlin, Heidelberg, New York 2007.
Back to Top