Research in the Department of Anesthesia, Critical Care and Pain Medicine at Mass General.
- Electroencephalogram signatures of loss and recovery of consciousness from propofol,Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 2013
- Surgical intensive care unit optimal mobilisation score (SOMS) trial, BMJ Open, 2013
- Atrial natriuretic peptide is negatively regulated by microRNA-425, Journal of Clinical Investigation, 2013
- Neuropathic pain: mechanisms and their clinical implications, BMJ, 2014
- Explore our research. Watch video
- Discover the lastest news in research at Mass General
The Department of Anesthesia, Critical Care and Pain Medicine at Massachusetts General Hospital is one of the leading research departments of anesthesia in the United States and in the world. We are committed to conducting innovative research with the goal of improving patient outcomes, quality of life and overall care.
More than 200 researchers are part of our research program. The department receives a large number of research grants from various federal agencies, foundations and industries.
Our research topics include:
- Biomedical engineering
- Cardiovascular research
- Critical care
- Mechanisms of general anesthesia
- Pulmonary research
Learn more about our programs in:
Research Centers and Units
The Department of Anesthesia, Critical Care and Pain Medicine comprises multi-principal investigator research centers and units that conduct innovative and collaborative research.