Extra Edge is a resource for students of all ages - children, teenagers and college students. The program teaches teens skills to reduce anxiety related to taking tests, performance and other daily life pressures. Our program incorporates mind body techniques to teach teens valuable life skills to manage stress and reduce anxiety while reaching their full potential.
Extra Edge for Teens
The Extra Edge workshop, offered by the Benson-Henry Institute for Mind Body Medicine at Mass. General Hospital, helps teens reduce test anxiety and feel more in control. Let our 1.5-hour research-validated workshop help maximize your teen’s test score potential.
- "I thought of this basically as a place where I could just relax. It was useful to learn how stress affects people physically and emotionally."
-Recent participant, age 15
- "It was fun!"
- Recent participant, age 12
- I liked learning different ways to incorporate relaxation strategies in everyday life."
- Recent participant, age 13
The next single-session programs will be held on the following dates:
Wednesday December 18th, 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm: General Stress Reduction. *
Wednesday January 15th, 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm: General Stress Reduction. *
Thursday January 30th, 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm: General Stress Reduction. **
Saturday February 8th, 10:30 am - 12:00 noon: General Stress Reduction. **
Wednesday February 12th, 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm: General Stress Reduction. *
Saturday February 22nd, 10:30 am - 12:00 noon: General Stress Reduction. **
Thursday February 27th, 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm: General Stress Reduction. **
*Program to be held at BHI in Boston.
**Program to be held at Emerson Hospital in Concord, MA.
$75 for a single session.
$150 for 2 sessions.
Your Teen Will Learn the Following in This Educational Program:
- Stress Awareness – how chronic stress impacts the ability to learn
- Relaxation Techniques – that reduce the negative impact of stress that can interfere with their most productive self
- Reframing Negative Thoughts and Thinking Positively – Imagining success can help achieve it!
- Goal Setting – setting measurable and realistic goals
Controlled Research Studies Show That Students Trained in These Skills Have:
- Reduction in stress and anxiety
- Improved academic performance
- Better work habits
- Improved memory
- Increased self esteem
- Better coping ability
We offer individual sessions for those who prefer personalized attention. Depending on your teenager's specific needs, we can create a customized program for him or her. Individual programs vary greatly and thus, are priced upon request. Please contact us for more details.