The Education Initiative (EI) is a two phase “train the trainer” model. In phase one, the EI provides school staff with mind/body skills for their own use. The second phase demonstrates ways to bring these interventions directly to students. All training is conducted in groups and is adjusted to meet the particular needs of each school.
Introduction to stress awareness; mind/body skills for staff/educators’ personal use (3-6) hours
- Dialogue on stress – signs, symptoms, solutions, defining stress
- Relaxation Response (RR): physiology
- RR experiences: diaphragmatic/thoracic breathing, “minis”, imagery, mindfulness, yoga/body/awareness
- Learn to incorporate the RR into daily life
Working with students (3-6 hours)
- Bringing mind/body interventions into schools: Training for implementation
- Participants practice in using and teaching skills
- Mentoring faculty, staff, and peer counselors as they implement program in school
The EI also offers:
- In class Modeling
- Ongoing Consultation
Through Our Program Participants Will Learn:
- Stress Awareness – how chronic stress impacts your capacity to learn.
- Relaxation Response Exercises – including: deep breathing, body awareness/yoga, progressive muscle relaxation, mindfulness, visualization
- Goal Setting – Increase your success by clarifying your study plan with measurable goals.
- To Decrease Test Anxiety – How to feel more in control in test situations.
- Learn coping skills to feel more in control of your life.