Mind Body Program for Women
Specifically for women. Designed to give women a variety of mind body skills and interventions to decrease medical symptoms and build resilience.
The Mind Body Program for Women is a comprehensive outpatient lifestyle program based on the principles and practices of mind body medicine. The programs reduce the impact of stress through a variety of skill-building exercises scientifically shown to improve medical symptoms, mood, and well-being.
Goals & Components:
- Understand the link between stress and physical/emotional problems, and its relationship to women’s health
- Reduce physical symptoms
- Appreciate the role of positive thoughts and beliefs in support of mind body healing
- Learn to turn off stress through new behaviors and attitudes
- Develop skill in a variety of techniques that elicit the relaxation response
- Learn the importance of healthy eating and physical activity to overall health and well-being
- Regain a sense of control by working in partnership with other medical providers to make informed choices that promote lifelong health
Women With the Following Would Benefit:
- Irritability, mood swings
- Hot Flashes, night sweats (due to perimenopause)
- Overactive bladder, urinary incontinence
- Pelvic pain
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
- Dysmenorrhea (painful periods)
- Any disorder complicated by stress
- And well women who want to be better informed
Program Staff: Leslee Kagan, MS, NP
To Make An Appointment
Please call Sue Clough at 617-643-6054 or email email@example.com.
The program includes three individual visits reimbursed by most insurers, and eight-weeks of 2 hour self-pay group sessions.
Perimenopause refers to the transitional period of time before menstruation actually stops, which is marked by changes in the menstrual cycle, along with other physical and emotional symptoms.
The following related clinical trials and research studies are currently seeking participants at Massachusetts General Hospital. Search for clinical trials and studies in another area of interest.