Browse by Medical Category
Here you will find information about the Illuminations rotating art exhibit at the Mass General Hospital Cancer Center, including details about participation.
Illuminations is a rotating art exhibit housed in the Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center and many of its affiliate locations. The exhibit is intended to offer enlightenment and encouragement to patients, families, staff and friends of the Cancer Center as they receive care, provide care, or accompany loved ones.
Illuminations has transformed generic waiting areas into a virtual art gallery of revolving exhibits that feature works by numerous regional and national artists. This year the Illuminations program is celebrating its 15th year of operation.
1. Read through all four pages of application.2. Please fill out entry form (page 3 of application). Be sure to include cell phone, email address and artist statement (150 words or less).3. Submit jpegs (information on page 1 of application). Be sure to label slides jpegs as directed. 4. Use either email or postal mail to submit your application with entry form and images. Information is below and in attached word doc.
Thank you for your interest in our program!
• Illuminations is an art exhibit housed in the waiting areas of the Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center. Exhibitions rotate every 4 months.• This group exhibit is intended to offer enlightenment and encouragement to patients, families, staff and friends of the Cancer Center.
• Open to artists working in medias which can be hung on waiting room walls.
• Applications (entry forms and jpgs) are accepted on a rolling basis.• Please submit digital images (jpgs) of your artwork.• You may submit your application either through email or postal mail (CD or flashdrive). Please do not send original work.Email address: To: Illuminations@partners.org cc: firstname.lastname@example.orgIf your electronic application is too large for one email, you are welcome to submit several batches. In the subject line put your last name and numbered batches (Batch 1 of 3, Batch 2 of 3, etc.)
Postal Address: Illuminations Program Coordinator Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer CenterYawkey Center, 7th Floor 32 Fruit StreetBoston, MA 02114
• Please be sure that your jpegs correspond correctly with your entry form list.
Jpegs names: please rename as follows: Number, Artist’s last name, Title. (Example: 1. Smith Morning Meadow, 2. Smith Colorful Lights, 3. Smith Study in Green)
• Image size can be no larger than 42 inches in height and no smaller than 16x20 (vertical or horizontal). Unfortunately, we find smaller work is not well viewed given the constraints of our waiting rooms. • In regards to imagery and content, please see “Guidelines for Artwork in the Hospital Environment” (page 4 of application).• Generally 10-20 pieces of work per artist are exhibited.• Only pieces that have been submitted for review will be considered for display.• Every effort is made to hang as much of an artist’s work as possible, however, all submitted pieces may not be used based on patient/staff reactions or space constraints.• Photography must be 16x20 or larger, framed in UNIFORM or coordinating frames, WIRED and ready to hang (no alligator hooks, etc.).
• Selected artists are fully responsible for the delivery of their work to and from the Cancer Center.• The Cancer Center does not have storage capacity to save boxes or materials that artwork is delivered in, nor will it be responsible for packing and shipping artwork to an artist.• Artwork will be carefully bubble wrapped and ready for artist pick up at the completion of the exhibit.
• The artist is fully responsible for any insurance of his/ her work during transit as well as exhibition.• While utmost care is given to all entries, the Cancer Center does not assume liability for damage or loss before, during or after the exhibition.
• Submission of electronic portfolio and/or works to this exhibition constitutes agreement on the part of the artist to these terms and conditions of this Prospectus.
Attn: Illuminations Program CoordinatorMassachusetts General Hospital Cancer CenterYawkey Center, 7th Floor 32 Fruit StreetBoston, MA 02114
If you wish your materials to be sent back to you, please include a self-addressed stamped envelope with your entry.
Phone number: (617) 650-1143Email: Illuminations@partners.orgWebsite: http://www.massgeneral.org/cancer/illuminations
Back to Top