The Friends of the Mass General Hospital Cancer Center Spring Luncheon
Wednesday, April 24
11:30 am to 1:30 pm
15 Arlington Street
Boston, MA 02116
This event is currently sold out.
Please join us for the Friends of the Mass General Cancer Center Spring Luncheon on Wednesday, April 24, from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm at the Taj Boston
Featuring special guests:
Best-selling author and breast cancer survivor
Barbara L. Smith, MD, PhD
Director, Breast Program
Co-Director, Gillette Center for Women's Cancers at Massachusetts General Hospital
A cancer diagnosis changes every aspect of life. Relationships may be strained by difficult emotions, self-esteem may suffer from the side effects of treatment, and finances may be stretched to the breaking point. There is no time when a friend is needed more.
Please help us continue to provide essential resources and services to members of our Cancer Center community. For more information on how to become a member of The Friends of the Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, please call (617) 726-1063 or email the Friends.
How the Friends Offer Encouragement and Hope
Through the generosity of individual and corporate donors, The Friends are able to fund these and other important programs for cancer patients and their families:
- Support of the Maxwell V. Blum Cancer Resource Room, an inviting place where patients and families can get information from knowledgeable staff, books, brochures, and reliable Internet sites
- Funding assistance for the Network for Patients & Families, which matches patients with others who have a similar diagnosis and lifestyle
- Creation of educational booklets and videos in English, Spanish and other languages
- Growth of the HOPES Program, which offers yoga, massage, acupuncture, music and art therapy, educational seminars and workshops
- Contributions to The Howard Ulfelder, MD, Healing Garden, a rooftop sanctuary
- Provision of magazines, toys, music and refreshments for cancer patients
- Support of a newsletter written for patients and families by patients and families
- An emergency fund for families coping with cancer
- An annual award to an oncology nurse who is pursuing further education in cancer care
Over the years, The Friends have raised over $5 million for the programs we support.
Search the Massachusetts General Hospital calendar for upcoming education and training, career, hospital or special events.
Our approach to patient care unites cancer specialists across the hospital to create a personalized treatment plan for each patient, ensuring the best possible outcomes.