Your source for the latest Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center news and information: March 1, 2011.
Survivorship TipFiber Plus
Complete nutrition –not just fiber – is the focus for Colon Cancer Awareness Month. Here are some tips from our oncology nutritionists.
the one hundred: 2011
- March 8, 2011: An Evening of Celebration, Shopping and Glamour: The Cancer Center honors and celebrates patients, survivors, caregivers and physicians as they take to the runway.
- April 9, 2011: Living with Cancer: Navigating the Cancer Journey: A FREE conference for patients and their families on wuality of life from diagnosis to long-term survivorship.
- April 16, 2011: Meet the Sarcoma Experts: Fifth Annual Forum: Join the leading sarcoma experts from the Center for Sarcoma for an educational program.
- April 20, 2011: Dan Ford Road Race: Join the Dan Ford Foundation for the third annual 5k and 5-mile road race.
- May 7, 2011: 7th Annual Jennifer Hunter Yates Sarcoma Walk to benefit sarcoma research at Mass General
- May 8, 2011: 8th Annual Purple Ribbon 5k Run/Walk to benefit thymoma research at Mass General
|From the Bench...|
|Hope through research
The Andrew L. Warshaw, MD, Institute for Pancreatic Cancer Research is already impacting patients’ lives. Visit their new website to see one patient’s inspirational story.
|To the Bedside...|
|To the Community|
Julia Hincman-Francavilla, MS, RD, LDN
|In the News
Coverage of a new cancer diagnostic device developed by Mass General researchers:
- Breakthrough drugs target deadly cancer: Massachusetts General Hospital tests drugs for melanoma
WCVB-TV Boston features Cancer Center physician Donald Lawrence, MD
- Clayton Christensen: The Survivor
Forbes feature on patient treated at Mass General for several conditions, quotes physicians Ryan Thompson, MD and Ephraim Hochberg, MD
- More news and media coverage
Connect with the Cancer Center
Connections is a publication of the Cancer Center Marketing Department. For questions, comments or story suggestions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. More ways to stay in touch: