Philip Crawford Amrein, MD
- Department of Medicine
- Cancer Center
- Multiple Myeloma
- Clinical Interests
- Acute leukemia
- Chronic leukemia
- Multiple myeloma
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Medical Education
- MD, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Residency, Waterbury Hospital Health Center
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Medical Oncology, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Accepting New Patients
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
Cigna (PAL #'s)
Fallon Community HealthCare
ForMost Managed Care
Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
Humana/Choice Care PPO
Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
OSW - Maine
OSW - New Hampshire
OSW - New York
OSW - Rhode Island
Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
Railroad Medicare - ACD
Tufts Health Plan
Tufts Medicare Advantage PPO
United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Publications1) Schiffer CA,...Amrein PC,..."A double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of pegylated recombinant MGDF as an adjunct to induction and consolidation therapy to patients with acute myeloid leukemia". Blood 2000;95:2530-2535.
2) Moore JO,...Amrein PC,...."Sequential multiagent chemotherapy is not superior to high-dose cytarabine alone as postremission intensification therapy for acute myeloid leukemia in adults under 60 years of age: CALGB study 9222". Blood 2005;105:3420-3427.
3) Attar EC,...Amrein PC. "Phase I and pharmacokinetic study of bortezomib in combination with idarubicin and cytarabine in patients with AML". Clinical Cancer Research 2008;14:1446-1454.
4) DeAngelo D,...Amrein PC,..."A multicenter phase II study using a dose intensified pediatric regimen in adults with untreated acute lymphocytic leukemia". Blood (ASH abstract #580) 2007.
5) Amrein PC, et al. "Dasatinib has activity in relapsed/refractory CLL/SLL". Blood (ASH abstract #3162) 2008.
Hematology/Oncology BMT Program
100 Blossom Street
Boston, MA 02114-2606
Phone 2: 617-726-8748
Call the Massachusetts General Hospital physician referral service at 800-711-4644.
Mass General accepts most health insurance plans. Find out what you need to know before coming to Mass General.
Driving to Mass General? Get driving directions or locate a parking lot on the hospital's main campus.