Vikram Deshpande, MBBS
Associate Pathologist, Massachusetts General Hospital
Associate Professor of Pathology, Harvard Medical School
Dr. Deshpande has contributed important work for establishing diagnostic criteria, and pioneering new treatments for IgG-4-related disease.
- Department of Pathology
- Cancer Center
- Sarcoma and Connective Tissue Oncology
- Clinical Interests
- Gastrointestinal (GI) pathology
- Bone and Soft Tissue Pathology
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Medical Education
- MBBS, Jawaharlal Institute, University of Pondicherry
- Residency, All India Institute of Medical Sciences
- Residency, Henry Ford Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology, American Board of Pathology
- Cytopathology, American Board of Pathology
- Accepting New Patients
- Accepting New Patients
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
Cigna (PAL #'s)
Fallon Community HealthCare
Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
Humana/Choice Care PPO
Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
OSW - Maine
OSW - New Hampshire
OSW - Rhode Island
Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
Senior Whole Health
Tufts Health Plan
United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Dr. Deshpande is a member of the Gastrointestinal Pathology Unit. His research has focused on surgical pathology in the areas of gastrointestinal and connective tissue diseases. His contributions to the field of IgG4-related disease have been instrumental in establishing diagnostic criteria, as well as pioneering new treatments for this disease. Dr. Deshpande has published over 100 peer-reviewed articles, editorials, reviews and book chapters and has been an invited speaker at major national and international pathology meetings. Dr. Deshpande serves on the editorial boards of the Archives of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, and Diagnostic Histopathology.
Resarch interests include:
- The pathology and biology of pancreatic tumors
- IgG4-related disease.
View my most recent publications at PubMed
- IgG4 Related Disease of the Head and Neck. Deshpande V. Head Neck Pathol. 2015 Mar 25. [Epub ahead of print]
- Erratum to: The Ability to Diagnose Intrahepatic Cholangiocarcinoma Definitively Using Novel Branched DNA-Enhanced Albumin RNA In Situ Hybridization Technology. Ferrone CR, Ting DT, Shahid M, Konstantinidis IT, Sabbatino F, Goyal L, Rice-Stitt T, Mubeen A, Arora K, Bardeesy N, Miura J, Gamblin TC, Zhu AX, Borger D, Lillemoe KD, Rivera MN, Deshpande V. Ann Surg Oncol. 2015 Mar 19. [Epub ahead of print] No abstract available.
- YAP Inhibition Restores Hepatocyte Differentiation in Advanced HCC, Leading to Tumor Regression. Fitamant J, Kottakis F, Benhamouche S, Tian HS, Chuvin N, Parachoniak CA, Nagle JM, Perera RM, Lapouge M, Deshpande V, Zhu AX, Lai A, Min B, Hoshida Y, Avruch J, Sia D, Campreci?s G, McClatchey AI, Llovet JM, Morrissey D, Raj L, Bardeesy N. Cell Rep. 2015 Mar 10. pii: S2211-1247(15)00173-4. doi: 10.1016/j.celrep.2015.02.027. [Epub ahead of print]
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
Call the Massachusetts General Hospital physician referral service at 800-711-4644.
Mass General accepts most health insurance plans. Find out what you need to know before coming to Mass General.
Driving to Mass General? Get driving directions or locate a parking lot on the hospital's main campus.