With comprehensive radiation oncology and medical oncology services, as well as MGH Thoracic Surgery consultations all under one umbrella, the Mass General Cancer Center at Emerson Hospital-Bethke achieves highly coordinated care for Concord-area residents.
- For more information or to make an appointment, call 978-287-3436.
- Visit the Bethke Center at Emerson Hospital webpage.
The Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center’s joint program with Emerson Hospital brings together experienced cancer specialists, leading-edge technology and the latest treatment options for Concord-area residents. Coordinated care with clinicians at Mass General’s main campus downtown offers patients access to more specialized services, should they need it.
At the Mass General Cancer Center at Emerson Hospital – Bethke, patients will find:
- Expert specialists including medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, and other clinicians
- Sophisticated diagnostic imaging such as a 64-slice CT scanner, MRI scanner, ultrasound, bone scans, digital mammography and PET/CT, to detect cancer at its earliest stages and to help determine treatment plan.
- Integrative therapies such as acupuncture, yoga, and Reiki, which can be effective in addressing nausea, pain and fatigue, and in bolstering the immune system.
- Genetic counseling, where medical oncologists provide screening and referrals for genetic testing to help determine cancer risk.
- Support services such as social work, pain management and physical, occupational and speech therapy during and after treatment. Practitioners work collaboratively with medical and radiation oncology teams to provide care and support after active treatment through these and other survivorship programs.
- Access to large clinical trial programs in Boston, which can answer questions about new ways to find, diagnose, treat and prevent cancer, as well as manage its symptoms. Many of today’s treatments resulted from information learned in past research trials.
For more information or to make a medical oncology appointment, call 978-287-3436. If you already have been referred for radiation oncology treatment and need to schedule a consultation with a radiation oncologist, call 978-287-3290.
U.S. News & World Report ranks the Mass General Cancer Center in the top 10 among U.S. hospitals.
Your gift of any amount will help us in our mission to advance knowledge and to rapidly translate discovery into exceptional cancer care. Learn more about making a gift, including tribute giving and other ways to get involved.