We believe enabling nurses to achieve their goals makes us a better hospital. If you're looking for an opportunity to make a difference, to advance your clinical practice, and to have a voice in the future of nursing, Mass General might just be the hospital for you.
Find out why nursing at Mass General is Simply the Best
Visit our Simply the Best Nursing Jobs website for comprehensive, in-depth information about nursing careers at Mass General. At this site you'll find information on many topics, including:
- Our culture
- Professional development programs
- Nursing student opportunities
- Benefits and work/life resources
- Nursing leadership
- Nursing unit descriptions
- Patient Care Services
- ANCC Magnet recognition
- The hiring process
- Living and working in Boston
- Nursing videos
You can also go directly to view job openings at Mass General.
The culture of an organization is something you should see evidence of when you walk through its hallways. At Mass General:
- You'll see that Nursing enjoys a tradition of, and reputation for, excellence.
- You'll see that the institution values, supports, recognizes and rewards its nurses.
- You'll see that Mass General nurses are leaders in patient-focused care. Patients and families can be assured that they will receive the best care possible because we seek their input and address their needs and expectations.
- You'll see that nurses join with their colleagues to identify and make improvements to patient care support systems.
- You'll see that nurses provide culturally competent and sensitive care. We are able to do so because Mass General is an organization that respects and celebrates the differences among our patients and our employees.
- You'll see that nurses in every role in the organization have a voice in decision-making about their practice and quality of work-life.
- You'll see that Mass General nurses don't staff beds - they staff for patients' needs and acuity.
- You'll see that The Institute for Patient Care has been created to support practice development, orientation and continuing education, innovation, and research-based practice.
- You'll see that Nursing has a nationally-recognized leader who is highly visible and effectively negotiates for the resources required for nurses to do their jobs.
- You'll see that nurses receive recognition for acquisition of clinical expertise over the course of their careers through our first-of-its-kind interdisciplinary Clinical Recognition Program. The Clinical Recognition Program is only one of numerous ways nurses are rewarded and recognized for their important work.
- You'll see a commitment to leadership development, to enhancing the skill sets of current leadership while concurrently grooming the Mass General nursing leaders of tomorrow.
- You'll see collaboration and teamwork among the nurses, but also across the disciplines.
- Finally, you'll see that Nursing at Mass General is a respected, recognized, powerful force in carrying out the mission of the organization.
Massachusetts General Hospital was the first hospital in the state to earn Magnet recognition, the highest honor for nursing excellence awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.