Our health care and retirement benefits are designed to accommodate each employee’s personal choices. Employees can select the options that best suit their needs and the needs of their families. You are eligible for our retirement and health care benefits if you are a weekly-paid, regular employee scheduled to work at least 20 hours per week; if you are a weekend-only employee; or if you are a monthly-paid MGH/MPO Executive, MGH Institute of Health Professions Faculty or Executive Staff.
Health Care Coverage
- Medical, dental and vision coverage are available at the following levels:
- Employee and spouse
- Employee and children
- Four medical plan options help you stay healthy and protect you in the event of illness or injury.
- A prescription drug benefit offers you both pharmacy and mail order services.
- Two dental plans provide the level of coverage that is right for you and your family.
- A vision care plan offers a cost-effective way for you and your family to get annual comprehensive eye exams and corrective lenses.
- Two flexible spending accounts save you tax dollars and reduce your out-of-pocket costs for health care and dependent day care.
- Long-term disability (LTD) insurance is available for financial protection in the event you cannot work due to an extended illness or injury.
- Basic group life insurance in an amount equal to your annual salary will provide protection for your survivors.
- Optional group term life insurance allows you to purchase additional life insurance for yourself, your spouse or your dependents.
- Accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance is available to protect you and your spouse.
- A hospital-paid retirement plan provides a retirement foundation upon which you can build.
- A tax-sheltered annuity plan offers you an additional, tax-smart way to save for the future.
- Our retiree medical plan is designed to help eligible employees pay the cost of medical coverage after retirement.
Mass General also offers employees numerous benefits, perks and conveniences to help balance work and personal commitments. Click here to learn more.
By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead: EOE.