1. White K, Grether ME, Abrams JM, Young L, Farrell K, Steller H. Genetic
Control of Programmed Cell Death in Drosophila. Science 1994; 264:677-683.
2. White K, Tahaoglu E, Steller H. Cell Killing by Drosophila reaper. Science
3. Kurada P, and White K. Ras promotes cell survival in Drosophila by
down-regulating hid expression. Cell 1998; 95:319-329.
4. Franc NC, Heitzler P, Ezekowitz RAB, White K. Requirement for croquemort in
phagocytosis of apoptotic cells in Drosophila. Science 1999; 284:1994-1998.
5. Lisi S, Mazzon I, White K. Diverse domains of DIAP1/THREAD are required to
inhibit apoptosis induced by REAPER and HID in Drosophila. Genetics
6. Peterson C, Carney GE, Taylor B, White K. Reaper is required for
neuroblast apoptosis during Drosophila development. Development 2002;
7. Yokokura T, Dresnek, D, Huseinovic N, Lisi S, Abdelwahid E, Bangs P,
White K. Dissection of DIAP1 functional domains via a mutant replacement
strategy, J Biol Chem 2004; 279:52603-52612.
Directions to Charlestown Navy Yard MGH East - Building 149
From Storrow Drive
From 93 North
- From the end of Storrow Drive (Leverett Circle) keep to the far right and take a sharp right (do not go up the ramp), and continue beneath the underpass one quarter mile to the light.
- Turn left onto Causeway street under the elevated subway tracks. The Fleet Center will be on your left, the North Station T station on your right.
- One block past the Garden, turn left on to N. Washington Street, passing over the Charlestown Bridge.
- At the first light after the bridge, take a right. Go through three traffic control lights.
- At the fourth light, turn right into Navy Yard (Gate 5 - 13th Street). To park, take first left onto Fifth Avenue. Building 149 is one block on the right.
- The parking garage entrance is on the right about half way down the block.
From 93 South
- Take the Mass Pike (I-90) to I-93 North (Exit 24B)
- Take the Storrow Drive Exit (Exit 26)Stay in the left lane once getting on the exit ramp. Follow signs for North Station/Leverett Circle Go through 1 light and take left at the 2nd light (almost immediately after the first)
- Get immediately into the right lane
- Take a right at the light onto Route 28N
- The Museum of Science will be on your left
- Take a right at the 3rd light (there is a sign at the corner for Charlestown)
- Go over the bridge and get in the right lane (City Square)
- Take your 1st right and get into the left lane
- Turn left at the 2nd light (immediately before Charlestown Bridge, at City Square) onto Chelsea Street (If you go over bridge, you've gone too far).
- Go through three traffic control lights
- At the 4th light, turn right into the Navy Yard (Gate 5 - 13th Street).
- To park, take first left onto Fifth Avenue. Parking Garage entrance is on the right above half way down the block. Building 149 is one block on the right once you turn into Gate 5. Building 149 is also connected to the parking garage.
- Take Exit 28 (Charlestown/Sullivan Square).
- At the end of the exit where the read forks stay to the right and proceed past the bus terminal to the rotary at Sullivan Square.
- Go halfway around the rotary towards Charlestown (the Schrafts building with a large American flag on top of it will be on your left).
- Cross the railroad tracks and take a left at the fire station onto Medford Street.
- At the end of Medford street turn left onto Chelsea Street and make an immediate right into the Navy Yard.
- The MGH East Research Building (Bldg. 149) will be on the right and is connected to the parking garage by overhead walkways.
By Public Transportation & the MGH/Partners Shuttle
- Direct the driver to the MGH East, Building 149 in the Charlestown Navy Yard.
- The CBRC is on the 3rd Floor of Building 149.
- Take the T (Green Line) to North Station
- Take the MGH/Partners Shuttle bus to the Charlestown Navy Yard MGH East Research Building (Building 149).
- The CBRC is on the 3rd Floor.
- The MGH/Partners Shuttle bus leaves MGH on Blossom Street and stops at North Station on Canal Street by the Green Line T stop. The shuttle goes every 15 minutes during working hours. (Less often on the weekends and holidays).
- To get to the CBRC, take the first set of elevators to the left of the main entrance by the Security Desk to the third floor. You may need to check in with security on the main level of Building 149.
- From the elevator, exit to the East to the CBRC offices, or in the opposite direction for the laboratories.