- Department of Pediatrics
- MassGeneral Hospital for Children
- Clinical Interests
- Williams syndrome
- Congenital diaphragmatic hernia
- Genetic basis for birth defects and inherited syndromes
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Medical Education
- MD, Yale University School of Medicine
- Residency, Tufts Medical Center
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Clinical Cytogenetic, American Board of Medical Genetics
- Clinical Genetics (M.D.), American Board of Medical Genetics
- Pediatrics, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Patient Age Group
- Accepting New Patients
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
Cigna (PAL #'s)
Fallon Community HealthCare
ForMost Managed Care
Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
Humana/Choice Care PPO
Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
OSW - Connecticut
OSW - Maine
OSW - New Hampshire
OSW - Rhode Island
Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
Tufts Health Plan
United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS RELATING TO WILLIAMS SYNDROME SINCE 2010
- Williams Syndrome Predisposes to Vascular Stiffness Modified by Antihypertensive Use and Copy Number Changes in NCF1. Kozel BA, Danback JR, Waxler JL, Knutsen RH, Fuentes LD, Reusz GS, Kis E, Bhatt AB, Pober BR. Hypertension. 2013 Oct 14.
- Hearing from parents: the impact of receiving the diagnosis of Williams syndrome in their child. Waxler JL, Cherniske EM, Dieter K, Herd P, Pober BR. Am J Med Genet A. 2013 Mar;161A(3):534-41.
- High prevalence of diabetes and pre-diabetes in adults with Williams syndrome. Pober BR, Wang E, Caprio S, Petersen KF, Brandt C, Stanley T, Osborne LR, Dzuria J, Gulanski B. Am J Med Genet C Semin Med Genet. 2010 May 15;154C(2):291-8.
- Pulmonary function and emphysema in Williams-Beuren syndrome. Wan ES, Pober BR, Washko GR, Raby BA, Silverman EK. Am J Med Genet A. 2010 Mar;152A(3):653-6.
- Williams-Beuren syndrome. Pober BR. N Engl J Med. 2010 Jan 21;362(3):239-52.
Barbara Pober, MD, a medical geneticist at MassGeneral Hospital for Children, explains the risks and questions to ask before using direct-to-consumer genetic testing.
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114
Call the Massachusetts General Hospital physician referral service at 800-711-4644.
Mass General accepts most health insurance plans. Find out what you need to know before coming to Mass General.
Driving to Mass General? Get driving directions or locate a parking lot on the hospital's main campus.