Qian Yuan, MD, PhD
- Department of Pediatrics
- MassGeneral Hospital for Children
- Gastroenterology & Nutrition
- Food Allergy
- Transplant Center
- Clinical Interests
- Eosinophilic esophagitis
- Celiac disease
- Eosinophilic enteropathy
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Gastrointestinal diseases in children with autism/PDD-NOS
- Liver and pancreatic disorders
- Short bowel syndrome
- Food allergy
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- General pediatric gastrointestinal
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Newton: Newton-Wellesley Hospital
- Medical Education
- MD, Beijing Medical University
- PhD, University of Auckland - New Zealand
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Pediatrics, American Board of Pediatrics
- Pediatric Gastroenterology, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Foreign Languages
- Patient Age Group
- Accepting New Patients
- Accepting New Patients
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
Cigna (PAL #'s)
Fallon Community HealthCare
Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
Humana/Choice Care PPO
Medicare - ACD
Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
OSW - Maine
OSW - New Hampshire
OSW - Rhode Island
Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
Senior Whole Health
Tufts Health Plan
United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
With the hope of making a long-term impact in the field, The Food Allergy Center at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) and MassGeneral Hospital for Children (MGHfC) has been established to diagnose and treat known and suspected cases of food allergies.
Tadgh Murray continues to clear social and medical hurdles with help from the Food Allergy Center.
Qian Yuan, MD, PhD, is a gastroenterologist and clinical director at the Food Allergy Center (FAC) at Massachusetts General Hospital. Before coming to Mass General, Dr. Yuan worked with renowned immunologist and allergist K. Frank Austen, MD, at Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston, where he sparked an interest in Eosinophilic Esophagitis (EE or EoE). Read about the exciting research projects and advancements in EoE at the center.
Food allergy is an immune-based disease affecting an estimated 5 percent of children younger than age 5 and 4 percent of teens and adults.
Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
You can see MassGeneral for Children specialists in more than a dozen locations throughout Eastern Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire.
Contact MassGeneral Hospital for Children to schedule an appointment with one of our specialists.
Referring a patient to MassGeneral Hospital for Children is easy.