Torunn (Torunn) Yock, MD
Director, Pediatric Radiation Oncology
Assistant Professor, Harvard Medical School
Chair, Radiation Oncology Quality Assurance
- Department of Radiation Oncology
- Cancer Center
- Radiation Oncology
- Sarcoma and Connective Tissue Oncology
- Neuro-Oncology (Brain)
- Pediatric Hematology/Oncology
- MassGeneral Hospital for Children
- Radiation Oncology
- Clinical Interests
- Pediatric oncology
- Outcomes research
- Quality assurance and improvement
- Pediatric tumors
- Pediatric brain tumors
- Thoracic oncology
- Pediatric malignancies
- Proton Radiation Therapy
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Medical Education
- MD, Harvard Medical School
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Radiation Oncology, American Board of Radiology
- Patient Age Group
- Adult and pediatric
- Accepting New Patients
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
Cigna (PAL #'s)
Fallon Community HealthCare
ForMost Managed Care
Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
Humana/Choice Care PPO
Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
OSW - Maine
OSW - New Hampshire
OSW - New York
OSW - Rhode Island
OSW - Vermont
Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
Railroad Medicare - ACD
Tufts Health Plan
Tufts Medicare Advantage PPO
United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
View my most recent publications at PubMed
Partial list of recent publications:
- Gensheimer MF, Yock TI, Liebsch NJ, Sharp GC, Paganetti H, Madan N, Grant PE,Bortfeld T. In vivo proton beam range verification using spine MRI changes. Int JRadiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2010 Sep 1;78(1):268-75. Epub 2010 May 17. PubMed PMID:20472369.
- Macdonald SM, Trofimov A, Safai S, Adams J, Fullerton B, Ebb D, Tarbell NJ,Yock TI. Proton Radiotherapy for Pediatric Central Nervous System Germ CellTumors: Early Clinical Outcomes. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2010 May 6. [Epubahead of print] PubMed PMID: 20452141.
- MacDonald SM, Yock TI. Proton beam therapy following resection for childhoodependymoma. Childs Nerv Syst. 2010 Mar;26(3):285-91. Epub 2009 Dec 19. Review.PubMed PMID: 20024657.
- Hoffman KE, Yock TI. Radiation therapy for pediatric central nervous systemtumors. J Child Neurol. 2009 Nov;24(11):1387-96. Review. PubMed PMID: 19841427.
- Kozak KR, Adams J, Krejcarek SJ, Tarbell NJ, Yock TI. A dosimetric comparisonof proton and intensity-modulated photon radiotherapy for pediatric parameningealrhabdomyosarcomas. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2009 May 1;74(1):179-86. Epub2008 Nov 18. PubMed PMID: 19019562.
After their 8-year-old son had a successful brain tumor surgery in their home state of Washington, Joe and Leigh McGraw chose to take Tommy to MassGeneral Hospital for Children's Francis H. Burr Proton Therapy Center for targeted treatment. The McGraw's share the story of their experience at MGHfC in the letter and video below.
Clark Center for Radiation Oncology
100 Blossom Street
Boston, MA 02114-2606
Francis H. Burr Proton Therapy Center
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
Call the Massachusetts General Hospital physician referral service at 800-711-4644.
Mass General accepts most health insurance plans. Find out what you need to know before coming to Mass General.
Driving to Mass General? Get driving directions or locate a parking lot on the hospital's main campus.