Chadi M. (Chadi) El Saleeby, MD
- Department of Pediatrics
- MassGeneral Hospital for Children
- Infectious Disease / Immunodeficiencies
- Clinical Interests
- Respiratory syncytial viruses
- Respiratory viruses
- Immunocompromised patients
- Medical education
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Medical Education
- MD, American University of the Caribbean
- Residency, American University of Beirut Medical Center
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Pediatrics, American Board of Pediatrics
- Pediatric Infectious Diseases, American Board of Pediatrics
- Foreign Languages
- Patient Age Group
- Accepting New Patients
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
Cigna (PAL #'s)
Fallon Community HealthCare
Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
Humana/Choice Care PPO
Medicare - ACD
Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
OSW - Connecticut
OSW - Maine
OSW - New Hampshire
OSW - Rhode Island
OSW - Vermont
Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
Tufts Health Plan
United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
2002- present Clinical and bench research on the Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV).
- Surfactant protein A Genetic Polymorphism and its effects on RSV disease. Viral quantification by standard methods, Real time PCR and cloning techniques (Basic science and clinical research).
- RSV disease in immunocompromised cancer patients (Clinical research)
- Examination of the immune response following infection with RSV
- DeVincenzo JP, El Saleeby CM, Bush AJ. Respiratory Syncytial Virus load predicts disease severity in previously healthy infants. Journal of Infectious Diseases. 2005 Jun 1;191(11):1861-1868.
- El Saleeby CM, Jamison GR, Pounds SB, Hewitt CB, Hayden RT. Filtration-based culture methods improve recovery of fungal pathogens in respiratory specimens. Diagnostic Microbiology and Infectious Disease. 2006 Oct;56(2):221-223.
- El Saleeby CM, Somes GW, DeVincenzo JP, Gaur AH. Risk factors for severe respiratory syncytial virus disease in children with cancer: the importance of lymphopenia and young age. Pediatrics. 2008 Feb;121(2):235-243.
- El Saleeby CM, Li R, Somes GW, Dahmer MK, Quasney MW, DeVincenzo JP. The Association of Surfactant Protein A (SPA) polymorphisms and disease severity within an RSV infected population. Journal of Pediatrics. 2010 Mar;156(3):409-414.
- El Saleeby CM, Bush AJ, Harrison LM, Aitken JA, DeVincenzo JP. Respiratory syncytial virus load, viral dynamics and disease severity in previously healthy naturally infected children. Journal of Infectious Diseases. 2011 Oct;204(7):996-1002.
- DeVincenzo JP, Guyton C, Rea H, Elmore E, Patel S, Wynn L, Harrison L, El Saleeby CM, Bagga B. Molecular detection and quantification of pertussis and correlation with clinical outcomes in children. Diagnostic Microbiology and Infectious Disease. 2013 May;76(1):10-5.
- Gulur P, El Saleeby CM, Watt LD, Koury KM, Cohen AR. Elevated Lidocaine serum levels following the delivery of a needle free device. Pediatric Emergency Care. In press
Chadi El Saleeby, MD, a Pediatric Infectious Disease specialist at MassGeneral Hospital for Children (MGHfC) discusses effective Lyme disease prevention and treatment methods.
Pediatric Infectious Disease
175 Cambridge St
Boston, MA 02114
Phone 2: 617-643-7696
You can see MassGeneral for Children specialists in more than a dozen locations throughout Eastern Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire.
Contact MassGeneral Hospital for Children to schedule an appointment with one of our specialists.
Referring a patient to MassGeneral Hospital for Children is easy.