Cassandra M. Kelleher, MD
Surgical Director, Multidiciplinary Fetal Care Group
- Pediatric Surgery
- Department of Surgery
- MassGeneral Hospital for Children
- Surgery: General, Thoracic, & Minimally Invasive
- Clinical Interests
- Congenital lung disease
- Pediatric thoracic surgery
- Neonatal surgery
- Minimally invasive pediatric surgery
- Neonatal and adult respiratory failure
- Pediatric and adolescent gynecology
- Fetal care and prenatal diagnosis of surgical diseases
- Esophageal anomalies
- Adolescent bariatric surgery
- Genetics of congenital abnormalities
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Braintree: Blue Hills Medical Center
- Foxborough: Brigham and Women's/Mass General Health Care Center at Patriot Place
- Medical Education
- MD, Harvard Medical School
- Residency, Barnes-Jewish Hospital
- Residency, Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Fellowship, Hospital for Sick Children
- Board Certifications
- Surgery, American Board of Surgery
- Pediatric Surgery, American Board of Surgery
- Patient Age Group
- Adult and pediatric
- Accepting New Patients
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
Cigna (PAL #'s)
Fallon Community HealthCare
Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
Humana/Choice Care PPO
Medicare - ACD
Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
OSW - Maine
OSW - New Hampshire
OSW - Rhode Island
OSW - Vermont
Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
Senior Whole Health
Tufts Health Plan
United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
BiographyDr. Kelleher is a Pediatric General and Thoracic surgeon. Her clinical interests include lung disease and development, pediatric and adolescent gynecology, fetal care, adolescent bariatric surgery and pediatric cancer. She uses minimally invasivessurgical techniques when ever appropriate.
ResearchDr. Kelleher's laboratory studies late lung development, called alveolarization, that is delayed or impaired in many newborn lung diseases. She has developed a novel method to study the process of aleolar development that can be used to investigate new therapies that may improve lung development or regeneration in newborns and adults.
MassGeneral Hospital for Children pediatric surgeon and new mother Cassandra Kelleher, MD, answers our questions.
Dr. Kelleher's laboratory has created a mouse lung culture model to study how alveoli form and is using the model to identify therapies that may help newborns with lung diseases.
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
You can see MassGeneral for Children specialists in more than a dozen locations throughout Eastern Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire.
Contact MassGeneral Hospital for Children to schedule an appointment with one of our specialists.
Referring a patient to MassGeneral Hospital for Children is easy.