Chief of Service conference is a weekly opportunity for residents to participate in a multi-specialty case discussion of an MGHfC patient.
Tuesday noon conference is dedicated to the Chief of Service Conference, during which a recently admitted patient is presented by a resident and serves as a launch point for a multidisciplinary discussion of the case led by subspecialists from within and outside pediatrics.
Examples of recent Chief of Service Conference have included patients with the following pathologies:
- ANCA associated renal failure
- Chest wall Actinomyces
- Empyema with incidental double aortic arch
- HSV Keratitis
- Kartageners disease
- Aspirin overdose leading to renal failure and coagulopathy
- Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome
- T cell ALL
- Noonan’s Syndrome and Sickle Cell Disease
- Biliary Atresia
- Non-Accidental Head Trauma
- Long-Chain Acyl CoA Dehydrogenase Deficiency
- Chronic Granulomatous Disease
- Infantile Botulism
- Total Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Return
- Lyme Disease
- Hypocalcemic Seizures
- Congenital Lobar Emphysema
- Lupus Nephritis
- Potters Syndrome
A new model for children's health care: learn more about MassGeneral Hospital for Children.
Massachusetts General Hospital provides a welcoming and supportive environment for employees of all ethnic backgrounds, cultures, ages, lifestyles and physical abilities.