With your support, the Down Syndrome Program can continue to advance understanding and treatment of Down Syndrome.
Philanthropy has always been an essential part of Mass General’s history, dating back to the founding of the hospital in 1811. Gifts from individuals help to support the hospital’s three-part mission of innovative research and education in addition to patient care that is second to none.
To make a secure online gift to support the Down Syndrome Program, please visit the MassGeneral Hospital for Children donation form. In the "Designation" box, choose Other and type in "Down Syndrome Program," and complete the rest of the form.
If you prefer to make a gift via check, please make your check payable to The Massachusetts General Hospital, add "Down Syndrome Program" in the memo line, and mail it to:
Director of Development
Mass General Development Office
100 Cambridge St., Ste. 1130
Boston, MA 02114
If you have any questions, please contact Anne at: office 617.643.0463 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are some of the ways in which your donation will make a real difference at our MassGeneral Hospital Down Syndrome Program:
- Family Fund Program: Through this discretionary fund program, we are able to provide non-cash assistance to our patients and their families who have limited financial means. Examples include taxi vouchers to and from clinic, cafeteria food vouchers, and parking vouchers at clinic.
- Book and DVD Program: For families with limited financial means, we are proud to be able to purchase books and DVDs related to Down syndrome. Through our partnership with Woodbine House publishers and Signing Time, we are thrilled that all families can become better educated on the topics that are most important to them.
- Educational Meetings: Each team member in our Program is constantly striving to become even more knowledgeable about Down syndrome. Attending and participating in local and national conferences strengthens our ability to provide the best care for your son or daughter. Funding that helps defray the costs of travel and registration expenses enables our team to participate in these meetings.
- Speakers Series: Our team frequently invites experts to educate us on the most cutting edge science and medicine. This is our opportunity to learn in small groups with other physicians and researchers so that we can continue to be the best healthcare professionals possible for your son or daughter. Donations will help defray the speaking stipends for our guests.
- Team members: Several positions within our Program are only made possible through philanthropic support, as insurance companies do not provide reimbursement for all of the services that we are proud to deliver to our patients. If you are interested in supporting one of the positions, in full or in part, please contact us at the information above.