With your support, the Pediatric Palliative Care Service can continue to provide healing and support for children and families when a child faces a serious disease.
Philanthropy has always been an essential part of Mass General’s history, dating back to the founding of the hospital in 1811. Gifts from individuals help to support the hospital’s three-part mission of innovative research and education in addition to patient care that is second to none.
To make a secure online gift to support the Pediatric Palliative Care Service, please visit the MassGeneral Hospital for Children donation form. In the "Designation" box, choose Other and type in "Pediatric Palliative Care Service," and complete the rest of the form.
If you prefer to make a gift via check, please make your check payable to The Massachusetts General Hospital, add "Pediatric Palliative Care Service" in the memo line, and mail it to:
Senior Director of Development
Mass General Development Office
100 Cambridge Street
Boston, MA 02114
If you have any questions, please contact Ellen at: 617-726-0402 or by email: email@example.com
Here are some of the ways in which your donation will make a real difference at the Pediatric Palliative Care Service:
- Family Fund Program: Through this discretionary fund program, we are able to provide services aimed at supporting children and their families. These include the following and more: music therapy, life celebrations, birthday parties for children in the hospital, and help with funeral expenses.
- Expanding Pediatric Palliative Care Expertise: One of our goals is to increase the training in Palliative Care available to providers throughout the hospital. Thus far, we have been able to offer grants for 6 physicians and 1 nurse practitioner to attend the nation’s leading course, Harvard’s Palliative Care Education and Practice.
- Educational Meetings: Each team member in our Program is constantly striving to become even more knowledgeable about Pediatric Palliative Care. Attending and participating in local and national conferences strengthens our ability to provide the best care for our patients. Funding that helps defray the costs of travel and registration expenses enables our team to participate in these meetings.
- Speakers Series: Our team frequently invites experts to educate us on the most cutting edge science and medicine. This is our opportunity to learn in small groups with other physicians and researchers so that we can continue to be the best healthcare professionals possible to our patients. Donations will help defray the speaking stipends for our guests.
- Bereavement Coordination: In the Pediatric Palliative Care Service, we continue to care for families after the death of their child. This care involves ensuring that all families have the resources and supports they need as they travel on their grief journey. These funds allow us to support bereavement coordination as insurance companies do not reimburse for this component of compassionate care.
- Programmatic Support: As insurance companies do not provide reimbursement for all of the services provided by our team, our program is only made possible through philanthropic support.