Massachusetts General Hospital Harvard Catalyst Junior Investigator Laboratory & Genotyping Funding RFAs
- For more information please call (617) 726-6885
2012 Harvard Catalyst Junior Investigator Laboratory & Genotyping Funding RFA:
Harvard Catalyst Clinical Research Center (HCCRC) announces the 2012 request for applications for junior investigator laboratory testing or genotyping funding:
Funds available for:
- Testing of human blood, urine, or saliva samples at Mass General CLR*
- Testing of human blood, urine, or saliva samples at LabCorp*
- Genotyping services (SNPs: not sequencing) provided by Harvard Catalyst-affiliated institutional genotyping facilities
*Testing of tissue samples is not available at either laboratory
These services are available to any investigator-initiated IRB-approved clinical research protocol which has been approved for HCCRC support as of November 30, 2012. The RFA support must be applied to the current protocol or an amendment to the current protocol.
PI of IRB record for the study; associate or full professors are not eligible.
Must be investigator-initiated and have current IRB approval and HCCRC approval through the HCCRC Protocol Review system as of November 30, 2012. Samples must be collected and available to be delivered to the appropriate laboratory by Friday, May 17, 2013.
Four components are required to be submitted in a single email and sent to HCCRC_RFA@catalyst.harvard.edu.
- Completed PDF application (http://hvrd.me/WbgFBs) (The application must be completed in PDF format)
- IRB approval letter
- Copy of Protocol Review email or letter from HCCRC confirming approval for CRC use for this protocol
- NIH biosketch with 'other support' information completed
Maximum request per investigator: $5,000
Preparing Your Budget
For LabCorp or Mass General CLR pricing, contact the Administrative Director at your site:
BCH: Colette Hendricks (email@example.com)
BIDMC: Michelle Beck (firstname.lastname@example.org)
BWH: Kristine Jordan (email@example.com)
MGH: Edwin Andrews (firstname.lastname@example.org)
MIT: Sheila McCabe (email@example.com)
* Some Mass General CLR tests are offered to Harvard Catalyst investigators at a lower price than is listed on the Mass General CLR website. Please confirm prices with your administrative director. Regardless of institutional affiliation, indirect charges will not be charged to the applicant.
If you are not located at one of the above sites, please contact Michelle Beck (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Genotyping services: Please contact the appropriate laboratory listed below for information on services and pricing. Each investigator must use their institution's laboratory facility for genotyping.
- BIDMC (http://www.bidmcgenomics.org/?q=node/1)
- BCH (http://childrenshospital.org/cfapps/research/data_admin/Site2281/mainpageS2281P0.html)
- Partner's Health Care (BWH and MGH investigators) (http://pcpgm.partners.org/)
Due date for all applications: Friday, November 30, 2012, 5:00 p.m.
Completed application packets should be sent in a single e-mail to: HCCRC_RFA@catalyst.harvard.edu
Funding decisions will be announced by Monday, January 14, 2013.