The Diabetes Unit consists of the MGH Diabetes Center (Diabetes Treatment Center and Clinical Research Center) and the Diabetes Laboratory Research Program.
About UsThe Diabetes Unit has a long history of developing and applying effective new treatments of diabetes including:
- Development of new methods for measuring long-term glucose control that guide therapy;
- Pancreas and islet transplantation for type 1 diabetes;
- Development of implantable insulin pumps;
- Intensive therapies for type 1 and type 2 diabetes;
- Discovery of new hormonal therapy for type 2 diabetes;
- Innovative methods to treat the disease and prevent long-term complications;
- Development of health care policy recommendations;
- Quality improvement research.