Learn more about how to apply to the Massachusetts General Dietetic Internship Program.
- Phone: 617-726-2589
How to Apply
Applicants to the internship must complete a bachelor’s degree and Didactic Program in Dietetics requirements prior to the start of the program.
The Massachusetts General Hospital Internship Participates in the Centralized Application Service Computer Matching Process.
The items necessary for your application include:
- The program is using the on-line centralized internship application, DICAS, which may be accessed at https://portal.dicas.org, e-mail DICASinfo@DICAS.org. DICAS will be available early in December for the Spring 2014 Match. The on-line application must be completed for our program by 11:59 p.m. Central Time on February 17, 2014. The fee to use DICAS is $40 for the first application submitted and $20 for each additional application.
- When completing the application form, applicants must include the name and contact information (specifically an e-mail address) for each reference. This will trigger an e-mail message requesting completion of a reference form. The form will be completed on-line. Students submitting more than one application will need to use the same individuals as references for each application.
- The three letters of reference should be from persons qualified to give pertinent information. References should address your academic ability and your potential as a dietetian. We prefer a combination of academic and work references from people who know you well.
- Applicants who apply to internships using DICAS will be asked to complete a personal statement.
- For the Massachusetts General Hospital application, the ‘personal statement’ should be a letter of application that describes your abilities/achievements in our six criteria areas. The six criteria areas can be viewed under selection criteria and your letter of application MUST demonstrate how you meet these criteria for full consideration of acceptance to the program. The letter should also include your professional and educational goals, how you think Mass General will enable you to reach those goals and why you chose Mass General. It may exceed 1000 words.
- Verification statement or Declaration of Intent from your Didactic Program in Dietetics.
- The Massachusetts General Hospital application fee of $50 payable to MGH Nutrition & Food Services must be received prior to 11:59 pm on February 17, 2014. Checks should be mailed to:
Patricia Engel, MS, RD, LDN
Dietetic Internship Director
Department of Nutrition & Food Services
Massachusetts General Hospital
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114
Application materials become the property of the Massachusetts General Hospital and will not be returned.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended should be sent to
DICAS- Transcript Dept
PO Box 9118
Watertown, Ma 02472
- If your degree will be more than three years old at the time of application include evidence of completion of at least six credits in dietetics related course work or equivalent continuing education courses/seminars.
- Applicants must also register online for computer matching at www.dnddigital.com and select dietetic internship priority choices by 11:59 p.m. Central Time on February 17, 2014. There is a $50.00 computer matching fee. Mass General’s code for D & D is 341.
- All accepted applicants are subject to drug testing, background checks, and verification of identity.