- Department of Medicine
- Digestive Healthcare Center
- Crohn's & Colitis Center
- Clinical Interests
- Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis
- Microscopic colitis (lymphocytic and collagenous)
- Celiac disease
- Eosinophilic esophagitis
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Danvers: The Mass General/North Shore Center for Outpatient Care
- Medical Education
- M.P.H., Harvard School of Public Health
- MD, University of Texas Southwestern Medical School
- Residency, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Gastroenterology, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Foreign Languages
- Accepting New Patients
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
Cigna (PAL #'s)
Fallon Community HealthCare
Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
Humana/Choice Care PPO
Medicare - ACD
Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
OSW - Maine
OSW - New Hampshire
OSW - Rhode Island
OSW - Vermont
Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
Tufts Health Plan
United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
I am interested in clinical and translational research in the field of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). Specifically, my research interests are to better understand and define environmental factors, particularly dietary, reproductive, and lifestyle factors, and their interplay with common genetic risk loci and gut microbial environment on risk and progression of IBD.
View my most recent publications at PubMed
- Khalili H, Hunag ES, Jacobson BC, et. al.. A Prospective Cohort Study of Proton Pump Inhibitors Use and Risk of Hip Fracture in Relation to Dietary and Lifestyle Factors. BMJ. 2012;344.
- Khalili H, Huang ES, Giovannucci EL, et. al.. A Prospective Study of Bisphosphonate Use and Risk of Colorectal Cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2012 Sep 10;30(26):3229-33.
- Khalili H, Higuchi L, Huang ES, et. al.. Geographic latitude and Risk of Crohn's and ulcerative colitis: Results from two large prospective cohorts of women. Gut. 2012 Dec; 61 (12): 1686-92.
- Khalili H, Higuchi L, Ananthakrishnan AN, et. al.. Hormone Therapy Increases Risk of Ulcerative Colitis but not Crohn's Disease Gastroenterology. 2012 Nov;143(5):1199-206.
- Khalili H, Higuchi LM, Ananthakrishnan AN, et. al.. Oral contraceptives, reproductive factors and risk of inflammatory bowel disease Gut. 2013. Aug;62(8):1153-9.
- Khalili H, Higuchi LM, Ananthakrishnan AN, et. al.. Early life factors and risk of inflammatory bowel disease. Inflammatory Bowel Disease. 2013 Mar;19(3):542-7.
- Khalili H, Ananthakrishnan AN, Konijeti GG, et. al. Physical activity and risk of inflammatory bowel disease: prospective study from the Nurses' Health Study cohorts. BMJ. 2013. 2013; 347.
Gastroenterology Assoc/Digestive Health Center
165 Cambridge Street
Boston, MA 02114
Mass General GI at Mass General/North Shore Center
104 Endicott Street
Danvers, MA 01923
U.S. News & World Report ranks Mass General gastroenterology third among U.S. hospitals.