Eugene Jerome Mark, MD
Pathologist, Massachusetts General Hospital
Subspecialty Head, Pulmonary Pathology
Professor of Pathology, Harvard Medical School
Dr. Mark is recognized as a leading international expert in Wegener's granulomatosis in the lung, and of hypersensitivity pneumonitis. He is a senior pulmonary pathologist and educator at Mass General.
- Department of Pathology
- Cancer Center
- Thoracic Cancers
- Clinical Interests
- Cardiovascular pathology
- Autopsy Pathology
- Frozen Section Pathology
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Medical Education
- MD, Harvard Medical School
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Dermatopathology, American Board of Pathology
- Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology, American Board of Pathology
- Foreign Languages
- Accepting New Patients
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
Cigna (PAL #'s)
Fallon Community HealthCare
Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
Humana/Choice Care PPO
Medicare - ACD
Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
OSW - Maine
OSW - New Hampshire
OSW - New York
OSW - Rhode Island
Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
Railroad Medicare - ACD
Senior Whole Health
Tufts Health Plan
United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Dr. Mark has an additional academic appointment of Adjunct Professor in the department of Biomedical Sciences at the Tufts University/Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine. Dr. Mark's principal clinical interest is in medical lung diseases including interstitial pneumonitis and vasculitis. He has contributed seminal work in the field of Wegener's granulomatosis in the lung and of hypersensitivity pneumonitis. Dr. Mark has published extensively including a single author book on pulmonary pathology and has co-written a consultative atlas covering challenging cases collected from his personal files. He has recently contributed to the encyclopedic treatise on pulmonary pathology edited by Drs. Flieder and Hazelton. Other recent work includes studies on molecular testing for lung cancers and hypersensitivity pneumonitis. Dr. Mark is also a regular speaker at national and international courses such as those offered through Harvard Medical School. As part of Pathology's Global Health Program, Dr. Mark is currently working to establish an outreach program with pathologists in China.
Clinical and pathological correlations of pulmonary interstitial disease, infections, pneumoconioses, congenital anomalies of the lung, pulmonary vascular disease, neoplasms of the lung and pleura. Consultation series of 12,000 lung biopsies available for review. For more information about research concepts, co-authors, timeline, and more, visit Dr. Mark's profile at the Harvard Clinical and Translational Science Center
View my most recent publications at PubMed
- Diagnosing lung carcinomas with optical coherence tomography. Hariri LP, Mino-Kenudson M, Lanuti M, Miller AJ, Mark EJ, Suter MJ. Ann Am Thorac Soc. 2015 Feb;12(2):193-201. doi: 10.1513/AnnalsATS.201408-370OC.
- Case records of the Massachusetts General Hospital. Case 39-2014. A 9-year-old girl with Crohn?s disease and pulmonary nodules. Nelson BA, Kaplan JL, El Saleeby CM, Lu MT, Mark EJ. N Engl J Med. 2014 Dec 18;371(25):2418-27.
- Interinstitutional Whole Slide Imaging Teleconsultation Service Development: Assessment Using Internal Training and Clinical Consultation Cases. Jones NC, Nazarian RM, Duncan LM, Kamionek M, Lauwers GY, Tambouret RH, Wu CL, Nielsen GP, Brachtel EF, Mark EJ, Sadow PM, Grabbe JP, Wilbur DC. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2014 Nov 21. [Epub ahead of print]
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
Call the Massachusetts General Hospital physician referral service at 800-711-4644.
Mass General accepts most health insurance plans. Find out what you need to know before coming to Mass General.
Driving to Mass General? Get driving directions or locate a parking lot on the hospital's main campus.