Lewis Ball Holmes, MD
Unit Chief, Genetics and Teratology, Pediatric Service
Director, Genetic Counseling & Screening Services
Perinatal Diagnostic Unit, Obstetrics Program
- Department of Pediatrics
- MassGeneral Hospital for Children
- Clinical Interests
- Epidemiology of malformations
- Hereditary malformations
- Human teratogens
- Causes of malformations
- Prenatal Testing and Diagnosis
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Medical Education
- MD, Duke University School of Medicine
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Pediatrics, American Board of Pediatrics
- Clinical Genetics (M.D.), American Board of Medical Genetics
- Patient Age Group
- Accepting New Patients
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
Cigna (PAL #'s)
Fallon Community HealthCare
ForMost Managed Care
Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
Humana/Choice Care PPO
Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
OSW - Maine
OSW - New Hampshire
OSW - Rhode Island
Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
Tufts Health Plan
United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
This course is designed for obstetricians, geneticists, genetic counselors, nurse midwives, nurse in obstetrics, nurse practitioners, pediatricians, family practitioners, and internists.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
• Analyze the scientific data available to determine whether an exposure in utero poses a potential risk for damage to the fetus.
• Use online databases and published articles as a resource to gain information on the effect of various teratogens on the unborn fetus and use these sources in practice.
• Counsel your patients who have experienced an environmental exposure so they understand the possible risks to the fetus in utero.
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
Phone 2: 617-726-1745
Call the Massachusetts General Hospital physician referral service at 800-711-4644.
Mass General accepts most health insurance plans. Find out what you need to know before coming to Mass General.
Driving to Mass General? Get driving directions or locate a parking lot on the hospital's main campus.