- Centers & Specialties
- Clinical Interests
- Colon cancer screening
- Lynch syndrome
- Hereditary colon cancer
- Familial adenomatous polyposis / Gardner syndrome
- Hereditary diffuse gastric cancer
- Familial pancreatic cancer
- Pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors
- Carcinoid tumor
- Medical Education
- MD, Harvard Medical School
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
- Research Summary
The hypoxic microenviroment in colon cancer.
Angiogenesis in colon cancer.
Molecular genetics of gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine tumors.
Genotype-phenotype correlations in hereditary colon cancer and other gastrointestinal hereditary cancer syndromes.
Mizukami Y, Jo WS, Duerr EM, Gala M, Li J, Zhang XB, Zimmer MA, Iliopoulos O, Zukerberg LR, Lynch MP, Rueda BR, Chung DC. Induction of interleukin-8 preserves the angiogenic response in HIF-1 deficient colon cancer cells. Nature Medicine, 2005, 11:992-97.
Duerr EM, Mizukami Y, Ng A, Xavier RJ, Kikuchi H, Deshpande V, Glickman J, Warshaw AL, Kulke MH, Chung DC. Defining molecular classifications and targets in gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine tumors through DNA microarray analysis. 2008, Endocrine Related Cancer, 15:243-56.
Pino MS, Kikuchi H, Zeng M, Herraiz MT, Sperduti I, Berger D, Park DY, Iafrate AJ, Zukerberg LR, Chung DC. The epithelial to mesenchymal transition is impaired in colon cancer cells with microsatellite instability. Gastroenterology. 2009 Dec 21
quotes MGH physician Daniel Chung
55 Fruit Street
Boston MA, 02114-2696
Phone 1: 617-726-3544
Phone 2: 617-726-2426