- Centers & Specialties
- Clinical Interests
- Abdominal Imaging and Intervention
- Radiofrequency Ablation of the Kidney
- Radiofrequency Ablation of the Liver
- Medical Education
- MD, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - New York
- OSW - Rhode Island
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
Peter Mueller completed his medical training at the University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati Ohio. After that he was a resident in Radiology at the Massachusetts General Hospital, Department of Radiology, Boston, MA. His primary clinical and research interest are in interventional radiology, especially in biliary intervention and percutaneous ablation of malignant tumors of the liver and kidney.
Professor Mueller has been on the Editorial Board of a number of prestigious radiology journals including Radiology, The American Journal of Roentgenology, Clinical Radiology, Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiology. He is the past Editor-in-Chief of Seminars in Interventional Radiology. He is the past President of the Society of Hepato-Biliary Radiology and the New England Roentgen Ray Society. He has received an Honorary Membership in the European Society of Interventional Radiology and the European Radiology Society. He has received the Gold Medal from the British Interventional Radiology Society, and given the prestigious Dotter Lecture for the American Society of Interventional Radiology. He is President Elect of the Abdominal Radiology Society.
Nearly 700 physicians and guests celebrated the 20th anniversary of the MGPO at the Nov. 1 Physician Recognition Dinner at the Westin Boston Waterfront Hotel.
Radiology Rounds Video: February 2017
About 30% of infertility in women is associated with blockage of the fallopian tubes. Listen to members of our interventional radiology team, Chief Peter Mueller, MD and Kara Stasko, MA, P-AC, discuss a minimally invasive, image-guided approach to treatment.
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696