- Centers & Specialties
- Clinical Interests
- Acute leukemia
- Chronic leukemia
- Myeloproliferative neoplasms
- Medical Education
- MD, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Residency, Waterbury Hospital Health Center
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Internal Medicine
- Medical Oncology
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - New York
- OSW - Rhode Island
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Patient Age Group
- 1) Schiffer CA,...Amrein PC,..."A double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of pegylated recombinant MGDF as an adjunct to induction and consolidation therapy to patients with acute myeloid leukemia". Blood 2000;95:2530-2535.
2) Moore JO,...Amrein PC,...."Sequential multiagent chemotherapy is not superior to high-dose cytarabine alone as postremission intensification therapy for acute myeloid leukemia in adults under 60 years of age: CALGB study 9222". Blood 2005;105:3420-3427.
3) Attar EC,...Amrein PC. "Phase I and pharmacokinetic study of bortezomib in combination with idarubicin and cytarabine in patients with AML". Clinical Cancer Research 2008;14:1446-1454.
4) DeAngelo D,...Amrein PC,..."A multicenter phase II study using a dose intensified pediatric regimen in adults with untreated acute lymphocytic leukemia". Blood (ASH abstract #580) 2007.
5) Amrein PC, et al. "Dasatinib has activity in relapsed/refractory CLL/SLL". Blood (ASH abstract #3162) 2008.
100 Blossom Street
Boston MA, 02114-2606