- Centers & Specialties
- Clinical Interests
- Thyroid disorders
- Medical Education
- MD, Harvard Medical School
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Internal Medicine
- Diabetes & Metabolism
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - SSN
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Patient Age Group
Dr. Ross graduated from Harvard Medical School in 1977, completed his residency and fellowship training at the Massachusetts General Hospital, and has been on staff since 1983. He is Co-Director of Thyroid Associates at Massachusetts General Hospital. His endocrine practice concentrates on thyroid disorders, with an emphasis on hyperthyroidism, thyroid cancer and thyroid nodules. Procedures include radioiodine treatment for hyperthyroidism and thyroid cancer, and ultrasound-guided fine needle aspiration of thyroid nodules.
- Research Summary
- Dr. Ross has recently done outcome research for patients with micropapillary thyroid cancer using the National Thyroid Cancer Treatment Cooperative Study Group.
- Dr. Ross is Thyroid Editor of UpToDate, and author of over 40 UpToDate topics.
He also has numerous publications in peer-reviewed journals, several of which involve outcome analysis for the National Thyroid Cancer Treatment Cooperative Study Group.
Maureen Condon, a two time cancer survivor, wrote a song of thanks to the MGH team who was so supportive through her diagnosis and treatment.
15 Parkman Street
Boston MA, 02114-3117
Phone 1: 617-726-3872