- Centers & Specialties
- Clinical Interests
- Colon and rectal polyps
- Medical Education
- MD, Harvard Medical School
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, University of Minnesota Hospital Medical Center
- Board Certifications
- Colon & Rectal Surgery
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - SSN
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
Dr. Paul Shellito received his MD degree from Harvard Medical School. He trained in surgery at the Massachusetts General Hospital (with an extra year in New Zealand). After that he did a fellowship in colorectal surgery at the University of Minnesota. He then returned to Boston to join the surgical staff at Massachusetts General Hospital and the faculty of Harvard Medical School.
Shellito PC. Tumors of the Anal Region. In: Cameron JL, Cameron AM, eds. Current Surgical Therapy, Tenth Edition. Elsevier, in press.
Shellito PC (11 Jan 2005). Modern Treatment of Rectal Cancer. The DAVE Project. Retrieved Sep 3, 2007, from
Shellito PC, Clark JW, Willett CG, Caplan AP. Case records of the Massachusetts General Hospital: a 61 year old man with rectal bleeding and a 2 cm mass in the rectum. N Engl J Med 2004; 350: 2500-9.
Shellito PC. The ABCs of ileal pouch design. Inflamm Bowel Dis 2001; 7: 81.
15 Parkman Street
Boston MA, 02114-3117
Phone 1: 617-724-0365
Phone 2: 617-726-3533