- Clinical Interests
- Allergic rhinitis
- Latex allergy
- Drug hypersensitivity
- Food allergy
- Medical Education
- MD, McGill University
- Residency, Royal Victoria Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Internal Medicine
- Allergy & Immunology
- Foreign Languages
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - other
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - SSN
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
Dr. MacLean is a board certified allergist / immunologist. He sees patients with any of the following cnoditions
- Allergic Rhinitis (allergies including hay fever)
- Asthma and related disorders
- Chronic urticaria (hives) and angioedema
- Drug Allergy (adverse reactions to medication)
- Food Allergy
- Stinging insect allergy
- Nasal Polyps
- Non-HIV immune deficiency disorders
1. Silverman ES, De Sanctis GT, Boyce J, Maclean JA, Jiao A, Green FH, Grasemann H, Faunce D, Fitzmaurice G, Shi GP, Stein-Streilein J, Milbrandt J, Collins T, Drazen JM. The transcription factor early growth-response factor 1 modulates tumor necrosis factor-alpha, immunoglobulin E, and airway responsiveness in mice. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2001;1;163(3):778-85.
2. Mathew A, MacLean JA, DeHaan E, Tager AM, Green FHY, Luster AD. Signal transducer and activator of transcription 6 controls chemokine production and T helper cell type 2 cell trafficking in allergic pulmonary inflammation. J. Exp. Med. 2001;193:1087-96
3. MacLean JA, Eidelman FJ. The Genetics of Atopy and Atopic Eczema. Arch Dermatol 2001;137(11):1474-76.
4. Medoff BD, Sauty A, Tager AM, Maclean JA, Smith RN, Mathew A, Dufour JH, Luster AD. IFN-gamma-inducible protein 10 (CXCL10) contributes to airway hyperreactivity and airway inflammation in a mouse model of asthma. J Immunol 2002;15;168(10):5278-86.
5. MacLean JA, Hannaway PJ. Angioedema and AT1 receptor blockers: proceed with caution. Arch Intern Med. 2003;23;163(12).
6. Ober AI, MacLean JA, Hannaway PJ.Life-threatening anaphylaxis to venom immunotherapy in a patient taking an angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2003;112(5):1008-9.
7. MacLean, JA. Wheezing and asthma: When to refer for an allergy evaluation. J. Respir. Dis Pediatrician. 2003;5(4):153-58.
In General awards and honors
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696