- Centers & Specialties
- Clinical Interests
- Dental implants
- Dentoalveolar surgery (including wisdom teeth)
- Oral cancer
- Medical Education
- MD, Harvard Medical School
- DMD, Harvard School of Dental Medicine
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Foreign Languages
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Danvers: The Mass General/North Shore Center for Outpatient Care
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Dental
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Delta Dental
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicaid Dental
- Medicare - ACD
- Met Life Dental
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - New Hampshire Dental
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
Dr. Meredith August is known for her body of work on diagnosis and reconstruction in patients with cancers of the oral and maxillofacial region.
After receiving her BA summa cum laude in English literature from Union College, Dr. August attended the Harvard School of Dental Medicine, where she received her DMD with honors. She completed the Harvard-MGH residency in oral and maxillofacial surgery, earning her MD from Harvard Medical School. She is a diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. She is currently Associate Professor of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Harvard School of Dental Medicine.
Fluent in Mandarin, Dr. August maintains a clinical practice that spans the full scope of oral and maxillofacial surgery, including orthognathic surgery, dentoalveolar surgery, dental implants, and oral cancer. She was coeditor of Treatment of the Female Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Patient, an issue of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Clinics (2007).
Abramson Z, Susarla S, August M, Troulis M, Kaban L. Three-dimensional computed tomographic analysis of airway anatomy in patients with obstructive sleep apnea. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2010 Feb;68(2):354-62.
Susarla SM, August M, Dewsnup N, Faquin WC, Kaban LB, Dodson TB. CD34 staining density predicts giant cell tumor clinical behavior.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2009 May;67(5):951-6.
Dewsnup NC, Susarla SM, Abulikemu M, Faquin WC, Kaban LB, August M. Immunohistochemical evaluation of giant cell tumors of the jaws using CD34 density analysis. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2008 May;66(5):928-33.
Halpern LR, August M. Treatment of the female oral and maxillofacial surgery patient.Preface.Oral Maxillofac Surg Clin North Am. 2007 May;19(2):xi-xii.
Todd R, August M. Molecular approaches to the diagnosis of sporadic and nevoid basal cell carcinoma syndrome-associated odontogenic keratocysts. Oral Maxillofac Surg Clin North Am. 2003 Aug;15(3):447-61.
August M. Complications in oral and maxillofacial surgery. Oral and maxillofacial surgery clinics of North America. 2003 May;15(2):ix-x.
15 Parkman Street
Boston, MA 02114-3117