Peter Baker Kelsey, MD
Associate Director, Endoscopy Unit
- Department of Medicine
- Cancer Center
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Cancers
- Digestive Healthcare Center
- Pancreas and Biliary Center
- Colorectal Center
- Clinical Interests
- Bleeding of unknown origin
- Disorders of the biliary and pancreas
- Therapeutic endoscopy
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Medical Education
- MD, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Residency, Columbia University Medical Center
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Gastroenterology, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Accepting New Patients
- Accepting New Patients
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
Cigna (PAL #'s)
Fallon Community HealthCare
Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
Humana/Choice Care PPO
Medicare - ACD
Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
OSW - Maine
OSW - New Hampshire
OSW - Rhode Island
OSW - Vermont
Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
Railroad Medicare - ACD
Senior Whole Health
Tufts Health Plan
United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
ResearchResearch activities have focused on four major areas:
1. Interventional Endoscopic technques including choledochoscopy
2. Gastrointestinal bleeding including the diagnosis and mangement of obscure GI bleeding.
3.The creation of an internet based, free access, web site that icludes over 900 video clips, grand rounds topics and journal club forums. http://daveproject.org/
Lower gastrointestinal bleeding.
Bounds BC, Kelsey PB.
Gastrointest Endosc Clin N Am. 2007 Apr;17(2):273-88, vi. Review.
A randomized trial comparing uncovered and partially covered self-expandable metal stents in the palliation of distal malignant biliary obstruction.
Telford JJ, Carr-Locke DL, Baron TH, Poneros JM, Bounds BC, Kelsey PB, Schapiro RH, Huang CS, Lichtenstein DR, Jacobson BC, Saltzman JR, Thompson CC, Forcione DG, Gostout CJ, Brugge WR.
Gastrointest Endosc. 2010 Nov;72(5):907-14.
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
Call the Massachusetts General Hospital physician referral service at 800-711-4644.
Mass General accepts most health insurance plans. Find out what you need to know before coming to Mass General.
Driving to Mass General? Get driving directions or locate a parking lot on the hospital's main campus.