- Centers & Specialties
- Clinical Interests
- Bleeding of unknown origin
- Disorders of the biliary and pancreas
- Therapeutic endoscopy
- Medical Education
- MD, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Residency, Columbia University Medical Center
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Internal Medicine
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Patient Age Group
- Research Summary
- Research activities have focused on three major areas:
- Interventional Endoscopic techniques including choledochoscopy
- Gastrointestinal bleeding including the diagnosis and management of obscure GI bleeding.
- The creation of an internet based, free access, web site that includes over 900 video clips, grand rounds topics and journal club forums.
Lower gastrointestinal bleeding.
Bounds BC, Kelsey PB.
Gastrointest Endosc Clin N Am. 2007 Apr;17(2):273-88, vi. Review.
A randomized trial comparing uncovered and partially covered self-expandable metal stents in the palliation of distal malignant biliary obstruction.
Telford JJ, Carr-Locke DL, Baron TH, Poneros JM, Bounds BC, Kelsey PB, Schapiro RH, Huang CS, Lichtenstein DR, Jacobson BC, Saltzman JR, Thompson CC, Forcione DG, Gostout CJ, Brugge WR.
Gastrointest Endosc. 2010 Nov;72(5):907-14.
55 Fruit Street
Boston MA, 02114-2696
Phone 1: 617-724-6044