Marc Jay Semigran, MD, is Medical Director of the Heart Failure and Cardiac Transplant Program at the Massachusetts General Hospital Heart Center.
- Centers & Specialties
- Clinical Interests
- Heart failure
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Heart transplant
- Medical Education
- MD, Harvard Medical School
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
- Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - other
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Patient Age Group
Dr. Semigran is a graduate of the Harvard/MIT Health Sciences and Technology Program and completed Internal Medicine Residency and Cardiology Fellowship Training at Massachusetts General Hospital. He is Medical Director of theMGH Heart Failure and Cardiac Transplant Program and conducts clinical and translational reserarch targeting novel approaches to heart failure.
Hemodynamic effects of inhaled nitric oxide in RV myocardial infarction and cardiogenic shock. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2004;44:793-8.
Hemodynamic effects of sildenafil in patients with CHF and pulmonary hypertension: combined administration with inhaled nitric oxide. Chest. 2005;127:1647-53.
Combined administration of intravenous dipyridamole and inhaled nitric oxide to assess reversibility of pulmonary arterial hypertension in potential cardiac transplant recipients. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2005;24:1950-6.
Sildenafil improves coronary artery patency in a canine model of platelet-mediated cyclic coronary occlusion after thrombolysis. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2006;47:1471-7.
Sildenafil improves exercise hemodynamics and oxygen uptake in patients with systolic heart failure. Circulation. 2007;115:59-66.
Sildenafil improves exercise capacity and quality of life in patients with systolic heart failure and secondary pulmonary hypertension. Circulation. 2007;116:1555-62.
Determinants of ventilatory efficiency in heart failure: the role of right ventricular performance and pulmonary vascular tone. Circ Heart Fail. 2008;1:227-233.
Lacy Neff, a radio broadcaster from West Virginia, recently underwent a heart transplant as part of his treatment plan for amyloidosis, a rare disease that occurs when amyloid proteins accumulate in the organs. The MGH is one of only seven hospitals in the United States studying cardiac amyloid transplants – and the only one in the Northeast.
MGH Hotline 4.2.10 IN THE UNITED STATES ALONE, there are more than 100,000 candidates on the United Network for Organ Sharing organ and tissue waiting list.
MGH Hotline 1.15.10 It's not often one encounters a touching love story within the four walls of the hospital.
55 Fruit Street
Boston MA, 02114-2696
Phone 1: 617-726-8862