- Department of Pathology
- Cancer Center
- Clinical Interests
- Frozen Section Pathology
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Medical Education
- MD, New York University
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Anatomic Pathology, American Board of Pathology
- Pathology, American Board of Pathology
- Patient Age Group
- Adult and pediatric
- Accepting New Patients
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
Cigna (PAL #'s)
Fallon Community HealthCare
Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
Humana/Choice Care PPO
Medicare - ACD
Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
OSW - Maine
OSW - New Hampshire
OSW - Vermont
Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
Senior Whole Health
Tufts Health Plan
United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Judith Ann Ferry, MD
Director of Hematopathology
Massachusetts General Hospital
Professor of Pathology
Harvard Medical School
Dr. Ferry is a native of New Orleans who attended Tulane University, graduating with a degree in Chemical Engineering. She received her MD from New York University Medical Center, and completed her residency and fellowship in Pathology at Massachusetts General Hospital. She joined the staff of the Pathology Department at MGH and remains in that position today.
Dr. Ferry's research interests include diagnosis and subclassification of lymphoma, and correlation of behavior of those lymphomas with their pathologic features. Dr. Ferry has a special interest in extranodal lymphomas, and in the differences in the types of lymphomas encountered in different extranodal sites, and in how they contrast with the types of lymphomas that arise in lymph nodes, as well as in the wide variety of risk factors that may contribute to the development of lymphoma of different types and in different sites. Dr. Ferry has published many peer-reviewed papers, chapters and review articles on lymphoma, and has recently published a textbook, Extranodal Lymphomas.
View my most recent publications at PubMed
Bibliography of Judith A. Ferry via PubMed
- Ferry JA, Fung CY, Zukerberg L, Lucarelli MJ, Hasserjian RP, Preffer FI, Harris NL. Lymphoma of the ocular adnexa: a study of 353 cases. Am J Surg Pathol 2007; 31:185-192. (CV reference #66)
- Rahemtullah A, Longtine JA, Harris NL, Dorn M, Zembowicz A, Quintanilla-Fend L, Preffer FI, Ferry JA. CD20+ T-cell lymphoma: Clinicopathologic analysis of nine cases and a review of the literature. Am J Surg Pathol 2008; 32:1593-1607. (CV reference #72)
- Misdraji J, Harris NL, Hasserjian RP, Lauwers GY, Ferry JA. Primary follicular lymphoma of the gastrointestinal tract. Am J Surg Pathol 2011; 35:1255-1263.
- Ryan RJH, Sloan JM, Collins AB, Mansouri J, Raje NS, Zukerberg LR, Ferry JA. Extranodal marginal zone lymphoma of mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue with amyloid deposition: a clinicopathologic case series. Am J Clin Pathol 2012;137:51-64.
- Ferry J. Extranodal Lymphomas. 1st ed. Philadelphia: Elsevier Saunders; 2011. (textbook)
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
Call the Massachusetts General Hospital physician referral service at 800-711-4644.
Mass General accepts most health insurance plans. Find out what you need to know before coming to Mass General.
Driving to Mass General? Get driving directions or locate a parking lot on the hospital's main campus.