Francis (Frank) J. McGovern, MD, is a urologist at the Massachusetts General Hospital Department of Urology. He specializes in the treatment of cancer and related research.
- Centers & Specialties
- Clinical Interests
- Prostate cancer
- Bladder cancer
- Kidney cancer
- Testicular, penile and genito-urinary cancers
- Urologic oncology
- Medical Education
- MD, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - other
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
Nearly 700 physicians and guests celebrated the 20th anniversary of the MGPO at the Nov. 1 Physician Recognition Dinner at the Westin Boston Waterfront Hotel.
Same day surgery procedures: A patient education video
What to expect during admission for ambulatory procedures with short recovery time, allowing discharge that day.
Prostatectomy: A patient education video
What to expect during admission for a prostatectomy procedure. A prostatectomy is a surgical procedure to remove the prostate gland.
Nephrectomy: A patient education video
What to expect during admission for a nephrectomy procedure. A nephrectomy is a surgical procedure to remove all or part of the kidney. Surgery may involve one or both kidneys.
Cystectomy: A patient education video
What to expect during admission for a cystectomy procedure. A cystectomy is a surgical procedure to removal all or part of the urinary bladder.
One Hawthorne Place
Boston, MA 02114
Phone 1: 617-726-3560
Phone 2: 617-523-2394
15 Parkman Street
Boston, MA 02114-3117