Dr. Misdraji is a well-known diagnostic specialist and researcher in his area. His work aims to contribute to an international consensus classification for appendiceal mucinous neoplasms.
- Centers & Specialties
- Clinical Interests
- Gastrointestinal (GI) pathology
- Medical Education
- MD, University of Miami School of Medicine
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology
- Foreign Languages
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
After receiving his medical training at the University of Miami School of Medicine, Dr. Misdraji completed his anatomic and clinical pathology training at the Massachusetts General Hospital where he also trained in cytopathology. His primary clinical interests are gastrointestinal and hepatic diseases, and cytopathology. Dr. Misdraji's research interests are focused on liver pathology, gastrointestinal diseases, and appendiceal neoplasia. He has an active consultative practice that is primarily composed of liver pathology and gastrointestinal pathology. He is a faculty member of the Harvard Medical School CME Course, Gastrointestinal, Liver and Pancreatic Pathology, most recently offered in May of 2015.
- Research Summary
Research Interests include appendiceal neoplasms, hepatic diseases and gastrointestinal diseases. Dr. Misdraji has published over 65 research papers. For more information about research concepts, co-authors, and to see a timeline, visit Dr. Misdraji's profile at the Harvard Clinical and Translational Science Center.
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea Is Associated with Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis and Advanced Liver Histology. Corey KE, Misdraji J, Gelrud L, King LY, Zheng H, Malhotra A, Chung RT. Dig Dis Sci. 2015 Apr 4. [Epub ahead of print]
- Mucinous epithelial neoplasms of the appendix and pseudomyxoma peritonei. Misdraji J. Mod Pathol. 2015 Jan;28 Suppl 1:S67-79. doi: 10.1038/modpathol.2014.129.
- Inflammatory hepatocellular adenomas can mimic focal nodular hyperplasia on gadoxetic acid-enhanced MRI. Agarwal S, Fuentes-Orrego JM, Arnason T, Misdraji J, Jhaveri KS, Harisinghani M, Hahn PF. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2014 Oct;203(4):W408-14. doi: 10.2214/AJR.13.12251. Epub 2014 Jul 23.
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696