Joseph Misdraji, MD
Associate Pathologist, Massachusetts General Hospital
Associate Professor of Pathology, Harvard Medical School
Medical Director, Histopathology Laboratory
Dr. Misdraji is a well-known diagnostic specialist and researcher in his area. His work aims to contribute to an international consensus classification for appendiceal mucinous neoplasms.
- Department of Pathology
- Cancer Center
- Gastrointestinal Cancers
- Transplant Center
- Liver Transplant
- Clinical Interests
- Gastrointestinal (GI) pathology
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Medical Education
- MD, University of Miami School of Medicine
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology, American Board of Pathology
- Cytopathology, American Board of Pathology
- Foreign Languages
- Accepting New Patients
- Accepting New Patients
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
Cigna (PAL #'s)
Fallon Community HealthCare
Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
Humana/Choice Care PPO
Medicare - ACD
Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
OSW - Maine
OSW - New Hampshire
OSW - Rhode Island
OSW - Vermont
Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
Railroad Medicare - ACD
Senior Whole Health
Tufts Health Plan
United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
After receiving his medical training at the University of Miami School of Medicine, Dr. Misdraji completed his anatomic and clinical pathology training at the Massachusetts General Hospital where he also trained in cytopathology. His primary clinical interests are gastrointestinal and hepatic diseases, and cytopathology. Dr. Misdraji's research interests are focused on liver pathology, gastrointestinal diseases, and appendiceal neoplasia. He has an active consultative practice that is primarily composed of liver pathology and gastrointestinal pathology. He is a faculty member of the Harvard Medical School CME Course, Gastrointestinal, Liver and Pancreatic Pathology, most recently offered in May of 2015.
Research Interests include appendiceal neoplasms, hepatic diseases and gastrointestinal diseases. Dr. Misdraji has published over 65 research papers. For more information about research concepts, co-authors, and to see a timeline, visit Dr. Misdraji's profile at the Harvard Clinical and Translational Science Center.
View my most recent publications at PubMed
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea Is Associated with Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis and Advanced Liver Histology. Corey KE, Misdraji J, Gelrud L, King LY, Zheng H, Malhotra A, Chung RT. Dig Dis Sci. 2015 Apr 4. [Epub ahead of print]
- Mucinous epithelial neoplasms of the appendix and pseudomyxoma peritonei. Misdraji J. Mod Pathol. 2015 Jan;28 Suppl 1:S67-79. doi: 10.1038/modpathol.2014.129.
- Inflammatory hepatocellular adenomas can mimic focal nodular hyperplasia on gadoxetic acid-enhanced MRI. Agarwal S, Fuentes-Orrego JM, Arnason T, Misdraji J, Jhaveri KS, Harisinghani M, Hahn PF. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2014 Oct;203(4):W408-14. doi: 10.2214/AJR.13.12251. Epub 2014 Jul 23.
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
Call the Massachusetts General Hospital physician referral service at 800-711-4644.
Mass General accepts most health insurance plans. Find out what you need to know before coming to Mass General.
Driving to Mass General? Get driving directions or locate a parking lot on the hospital's main campus.