- Clinical Interests
- Obstetric anesthesia
- Medical Education
- MD, Harvard Medical School
- Residency, Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
The focus of my clinical work is on the care of pregnant patients. Together with a highly skilled, multidisciplinary team, I administrate our service, which features 3400 deliveries/year, involving both low and high risk obstetric patients. On the Labor Floor and in the associated operating rooms, we strive to provide safe, state-of-the-art obstetric anesthesia care in a friendly and collaborative setting and to teach patients, residents and students about the complexities of the care provided.
My administrative duties within the department and the hospital are geared towards providing the strategic planning, infrastructure and efficient systems necessary to develop an ideal setting for patient care, research and the other academic aspirations of our physicians. Through my background in Healthcare Management Consulting and Venture Capital, and my leadership positions on the Massachusetts General Physicians Organization (MGPO) Contracting and the departmental Finance Committees, I have the opportunity to help to ensure that we are fiscally responsible while maintaining the highest quality of care.
- Mashour GA, Schwamm LH, Leffert, L. Intracranial subdural hematomas and cerebral herniation after labor epidural with no evidence of dural puncture. Anesthesiology. 105(6):1277-8; author reploy 1278. 2006.
December marked five years since the launch of the Robert Leffert, MD, Memorial Lecture: Living Well in the Face of Serious Illness.
The second annual Robert Leffert, MD, Palliative Care Memorial Lecture took place Nov. 27 in the O&rsquo;Keeffe Auditorium, featuring Christine Ritchie, MD, Harris Fishbon Distinguished Professor for Clinical and Translational Research in Aging in the Division of Geriatrics at the University of California San Francisco.
To care for Robert Leffert, MD, as he faced a terminal cancer diagnosis, Vicki Jackson, MD, MPH, chief of the MGH Palliative Care Service, had to learn about all aspects of who he was &ndash; not only an MGH physician and Harvard professor, but also a decorated veteran and kid who grew up in Brooklyn.
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696