- Clinical Interests
- Vascular anesthesia
- Operating room administration
- Critical care
- Medical Education
- MD, George Washington University School of Medicine
- Residency, George Washington University Hospital|Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Children's National Medical Center|Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
- Research Summary
- Along with colleagues from the MIT Sloan School of Management, we are developing tools and methodologies to redesign the provision of patient care in the perioperatve environment. This unique collaboration is focusing on the utilization of resources throughout the patient care experience, from surgeons' offices to the post operative floor care with the aim of improving the quality, efficiency, and cost of delivering perioperative care to patients. Through the iterative development and subsequent implementation of the findings, we hope to provide new tools and methods for use in other centers, not just in the perioperative environment, but throughout the medical center.
Sokal SM, Chang Y, Craft DL, Sandberg WS, Dunn PF, Berger DL.
Surgeon profiling: a key to optimum operating room use.
Arch Surg. 2007 Apr;142(4):365-70.
Dunn PF, Landesberg G.
Perioperative beta-blocker therapy and mortality.
N Engl J Med. 2005 Dec 8;353(23):2513-5; author reply 2513-5. No abstract available.
Riddell JM, Black JH, Brewster DC, Dunn PF.
Endovascular abdominal aortic aneurysm repair.
Int Anesthesiol Clin. 2005 Winter;43(1):79-91. Review. No abstract available.
Lecamwasam HS, Baboolal HA, Dunn PF.
Acute adrenal insufficiency after large-dose glucocorticoids for spinal cord injury.
Anesth Analg. 2004 Dec;99(6):1813-4, table of contents.
Cambria RP, Clouse WD, Davison JK, Dunn PF, Corey M, Dorer D.
Thoracoabdominal aneurysm repair: results with 337 operations performed over a 15-year interval.
Ann Surg. 2002 Oct;236(4):471-9; discussion 479.
Dunn PF, Goulet RL.
Endotracheal tubes and airway appliances.
Int Anesthesiol Clin. 2000 Summer;38(3):65-94. Review. No abstract available.
Physiology of the lateral decubitus position and one-lung ventilation.
Int Anesthesiol Clin. 2000 Winter;38(1):25-53. Review.
Three MGHers were honored Feb. 24 with this year's Bowditch Prize, named for the self-taught 19th century celestial navigator Nathaniel Bowditch, who helped raise funds for the construction of the MGH in the early 1800s.
After years of planning and preparation, two departments – the Central Sterile Processing and Supply (CSPS) Unit and the Sumner M. Redstone Emergency Department (ED) – celebrated their transition into new spaces in the Lunder Building with ribbon-cutting ceremonies.
55 Fruit Street
Boston MA, 02114-2696