- Centers & Specialties
- Clinical Interests
- Head and neck cancer
- Sinonasal Tumors
- Proton Radiation Therapy
- Adult skull base tumors
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery
- Intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT)
- Medical Education
- MD, University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Radiation Oncology
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - New York
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Patient Age Group
- Research Summary
Clinical and translational research in head and neck and skull base cancers.
Partial list of recent publications:
1. Chan AW/Loeffler JS. Conventionally Fractionated Stereotactic Radiotherapy for Vestibular Schwannomas: Favorable Outcome with Minimal Toxicity. Neurosurgery. 2005 Jul;57(1):60-69.
2. Pommier P/Chan AW. Proton Beam Radiation Therapy for Skull Base Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma. Archives of Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery. 2006;132:1242-1249.
3. Patel S/Chan AW. Proton Beam Radiation Therapy for Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma. In: Proton and Heavier Charged Particle Radiotherapy. Delaney T and Kooy H, editors. Lippincott Willimas and Wilkins, 2007.
4. Chan AW and Liebsch NJ. Proton Beam Therapy for Head and Neck Cancer. J Surg Oncol. 97(8):697-700, 2008.
5. Truong MT/Chan AW. Proton Beam Radiation Therapy for Sphenoid Sinus Malignancies: Treatment Outcome and Prognostic Factors. Head and Neck 31(10):1297-1308, 2009.
6. Chan AW. Advantages of Proton Beam Therapy. In: Functional Preservation and Quality of Life in Head and Neck Radiotherapy Harari PM, editor. Springer, 2009.
7. Moore MG/Chan AW. Risk of Incisional Recurrence after Midface and Anterior Skull Base Surgery in Sinonasal Malignancies. Skull Base, 2011 (In press).
8. Margalit DN, Chan AW. Proton Therapy for Head and Neck Cancers. In: Head and Neck Cancer: Multimodality Management. Bernier J, editor. Springer, 2011 (In Press).
9. Margalit DN, Chan AW. Particle Therapy for Head and Neck Cancers. Radiation Medical Rounds, 2011 (In Press).
10. Wang JJ/Chan AW. Risk of Pharyngoesophageal Stricture after Radiation Therapy for Head and Neck Cancer. Head and Neck, 2011 (In Press).
Proton beam therapy shows encouraging long-term outcome for patients with locally advanced sinonasal cancers
Proton beam radiation therapy shows encouraging results for patients with locally advanced sinonasal malignancies, according to a study led by Annie Chan, MD, a radiation oncologist at Massachusetts General Hospital.
100 Blossom Street
Boston MA, 02114-2606